Airbnb Customer Service: How to Contact Airbnb
Whether you’re an Airbnb guest or host, issues inevitably arise from time to time! Here are the best ways to reach Airbnb to get help and resolve your problems!
Airbnb Customer Service Phone Number
If you’re looking to reach Airbnb customer service via phone, this is widely-circulated number is the best place to get help:
1-855-424-7262 (or 1-855-4-AIRBNB)
GetHuman.com indicates that their customer service is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and that the average wait-time is 20 minutes. They also provide a secondary number to reach Airbnb customer service:
Keep in mind: A local phone number may also be published in your Airbnb reservation confirmation email. If it’s necessary to call the company, you may have the best luck dialing that local number.
Airbnb prefers to keep phone lines available to users in urgent need of help. The company encourages hosts and guests to resolve reservation-related issues on their own.
Airbnb Mailing Address
888 Brannan St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Airbnb Guest and Host Communication
Airbnb users must be logged in to their account to view and send messages. Messaging begins with the Airbnb guest submitting an inquiry or requesting a reservation. A maximum of 30 messages can be sent within any 24-hour period.
How to view and send messages on Airbnb
- Click the envelope icon in the top-right corner of your account
- Once in the inbox, click a message thread to view old messages or send a new one
- Each inquiry or reservation has it's on communication thread, which can be found in the inbox
Guests and hosts can communicate via Airbnb using VoiceConnect. This product allows hosts to screen guests without having to reveal personal contact information. These calls are reportedly recorded by Airbnb for security purposes.
Airbnb Help Center
To proactively answer its users' questions, Airbnb offers a Help Center where travelers, guests, and hosts can find a wide variety of answers to commonly-asked questions. The topics covered range from searching for listings to taxation policies.
Here are the main topics listed within Airbnb's Help Center:
- Getting Started: This category covers the basics to get started on Airbnb.
- Account & Profile: Within this category, users can read about managing their Airbnb account and profile, from setting it up and making it secure, to receiving references.
- Hosting: Here, hosts can read about everything host-related. Some of its main topics include creating a listing on Airbnb, getting paid, and reservation management.
- Traveling: This category provides information on finding and booking a place to stay on Airbnb.
- Reviews: In this section, learn about writing reviews, responding to reviews, and managing reviews.
- Trust & Safety: Airbnb provides information about online safety as well as in-person safety.
- Taxes: Read about income tax, local tax, federal tax, and learn how taxes work on Airbnb.
- Community: This section includes a variety of information about Airbnb as a company and how its users can connect with its international community of travelers and hosts.
- Contact Airbnb: The Contact Airbnb page on Airbnb's site does not display a phone number, email address, or email form. Instead, visitors are prompted to login to their Airbnb account to contact the company.
Additional Airbnb Resources
|Airbnb FAQs||Airbnb Fees||Airbnb App||Airbnb Competitors|
Contact Airbnb Customer Service Directly
If you're unable to find what you're looking for in Airbnb's Help Center, you can email or message customer service directly using their Contact page.
Here, you can use a drop-down menu to select your problem and directly message Airbnb's customer service. Also, for more urgent matters, Airbnb provides a phone number.
Airbnb Customer Success Stories
Airbnb has received both negative and positive attention in the media as a consequence of guests and hosts sharing their Airbnb experiences publicly.
The company has made kind gestures to satisfy its users needs. Here are some examples:
- Airbnb gave a $1,000 credit to a bride-to-be guest after a host canceled her reservation on the eve of her wedding, which had been booked for her bridesmaids.
- Upon seeing that a host, Maia, was expecting guests in need of a stroller, Airbnb delivered a stroller to her apartment so that they would have it during their reservation.
Airbnb Disaster Response
Airbnb hosts in an area that has experienced disaster can offer their spaces for free, making it easy for those in need to find accommodation. Here's how the process works:
- Airbnb emails hosts in the area to ask if they are able to help
- Existing Airbnb hosts and other residents can offer their space for free
- There is no fee associated with a booking made on Airbnb in the affected area
- All services regularly available to Airbnb hosts, including Airbnb's 24/7 customer support, the Trust & Safety tools, and the Host Guarantee remain available
Additional Airbnb Contact Information
Airbnb San Francisco Office Address:
888 Brannan St.
San Francisco, CA 94117
Compare Airbnb to Other Vacation Rental Companies
- Airbnb vs. VRBO
- Airbnb vs. HomeAway
- Airbnb vs. Wimdu
- Airbnb vs. Roomorama
- Airbnb vs. Couchsurfing
- Airbnb Competitors