9Flats is an amazing resource for any traveler looking to step off the beaten path. The German company boasts an inventory of more than 200,000 cozy, local rentals worldwide, giving guests the ability to experience travel destinations as if they were locals. The company’s goal is to make travel more affordable, convenient and rewarding, and to provide homeowners with an easy way to make additional income. So whether you're looking for an apartment in Manhattan or a cottage in the French countryside, 9Flats can help you book a vacation rental of your dreams.
9flats was founded by German entrepreneur, Stephan Uhrenbacher in 2011. His goal was to bring the idea of a shared economy to Europe and allow people to rent out their private homes through the site without charging a fee. Since being founded, it has steadily grown to be one of the largest vacation rental sites in Europe. It was originally headquartered in Toronto, Canada, but the headquarters are now in Hamburg, Germany.
How to use 9flats
On their homepage, input your destination and travel dates, as well as the number of guests you need accommodation for. Browse rental options, and then select “book” to request a booking. Some properties can be booked instantly like a hotel. If you choose the latter, you will be asked for your payment information.
Things to Know About 9Flats
- 9Flats does not charge guest fees, and it is one of the only vacation rental companies to operate this way. It does, however, charge host fees.
- There is a 9Flats bitcoin policy that accepts this currency as a payment method.
- Registration and login are quick and easy with Facebook Connect.
- Payments are released to rental hosts 24 hours after check-in to help ensure that hosts and guests are happy before transferring funds.
- All payments are processed through a secure online payment system (no cash transactions).
- Many prpoerties on the site offer an instant booking feature.
- 9Flats reviews consist of accommodation ratings (5-star system + comments) and guest and host ratings (comments only). 9Flats users are encouraged to rate their experience and are even sometimes 9Flats credit for writing reviews that can be used toward a future booking.
What Others Are Saying About 9Flats
"Forget B&Bs, hostels and pricey hotels...the latest trend is to rent a gorgeous apartment. Yep - we're pretty pleased with ourselves for discovering 9flats.com." -Company Magazine
"...You can live the rockstar dream without paying high hotel prices...The online portal 9Flats lists private rentals such as a modern three-bedroom apartment outside Ibiza Town for €37 per person per night." -The Independent
“The online marketplace for the chicest private accommodation worldwide. Perfect for spur of the moment adventures with friends, and romantic sojourns alike, this superb service helps you find a bed in any city, without spending a fortune.” – Harpers Bazaar