Vacation Home Rentals
About Vacation Home Rentals
Vacation Home Rentals is based in Newburyport, Massachusetts, and has over 13,000 property listings in all 50 United States and 89 countries. It is the largest independent vacation rental company in North America.
History of Vacation Home Rentals
The company was founded by Tom Gilmore in 2004, inspired by his family tradition of staying in their vacation house in Maine. His grandfather rented the family property in Maine for the first time, which cost $17.50 a week at the time. Tom wanted to create a company that would enable others to create the same memories together through connecting them with affordable vacation rental homes. In mid 2014, TripAdvisor acquired Vacation Home Rentals.
Things to Know About Vacation Home Rentals
- Vacation Home Rentals has a Happy Rental Guarantee: a proposition that ensures renters have a positive rental experience, and protects guests up to $10,000.
- The company has a ‘Best Price Promise’ - their way of assuring renters that they are paying the lowest price in the market for each rental.
- The site has over 50,000 unbiased rental reviews by previous guests. They don’t allow owners to inflate their review rating with inauthentic reviews.
- All owners are passed through a third party Security screening, creating a safe and carefully processed selection of homes.
Property owners pay $299 per listing to list on Vacation Home Rentals. There are no additional fees for hosts. The company offers homeowners a 60-day free trial to try listing on the site. Vacation Home Rentals offers discounts to those who spend at least $800. The more one spends, the greater the discount they earn.
- Need inspiration for your travels? Vacation Home Rentals highlights the top 20 most popular vacation rental destinations.
How to Use Vacation Home Rentals
Simply input your desired location into the search bar on their homepage, and scroll through the displayed listings. Note that there is a button for “Last Minute Deals” in the header as well. Additionally, the site gives users the ability to search on a regional basis as well, located at the very bottom of the page under “Find a Rental”. After your search, click on a listing you are interested in to read about the listing details, scroll through the property photos, and view an availability calendar.
What People are saying about Vacation Home Rentals
“Love this site! I've used them twice and found wonderful vacation homes where I dealt directly with the homeowners. I've had a great experience both times I used VacationHomeRentals.com!” - Maggie Hendler, Guest
“They have awesome places to rent. I found the condo that I stayed in the last 2 years on VacationHomeRentals.com. A Big Shout out for Vacation Home Rentals!!!” - Tracie Tinsley LaValley, Guestlist
“First time using them and loving it!! I am booking our next vacation here already...” - Sabrina Wing Hui-Drucker, Guest
Vacation Home Rentals Customer Service
Guests can contact Vacation Home Rentals via their “Contact Us” page.
Vacation Home Rentals
226 Causeway Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02114