Booking.com is a world leader in reserving travel accommodations online. From small independent hotels to private vacation rentals to luxury five-star properties, Booking.com offers travelers more than 280,000 places to stay in 63 countries as of 2015. Founded in 1996 and purchased by Priceline in 2005, Booking.com is based in Amsterdam. It formally launched in the U.S. in 2013 and is truly international with local offices in over 50 countries and a website available in 41 languages.
Things to Know About Booking.com
- Travelers pay after they stay for most accommodations.
- Booking.com offers millions of reviews submitted by guests.
- Customer service is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Booking.com offers free cancellations on most rooms.
- Reservation confirmation messages are sent to guests immediately after using Booking.com.
- Backpackers can book a hostel on Booking.com as well.
What Others Are Saying About Booking.com
"Booking.com is the largest hotel-booking site in the world with access to 265,000 hotels in 178 countries." - NBC News
"Unlike...other sites...[Booking.com] makes bookings directly with properties....[so] the traveler pays upon checkout rather than in advance." - The New York Times