We hope you have enjoyed past experiences with Flipkey and will continue to explore all the travel opportunities we offer. Here is some helpful information should you need to cancel your Flipkey rental.
Everything You Need To Know About Canceling Reservations On FlipKey
If you are a traveler and need to cancel your booking, go to flipkey.com, and find ‘Manage Your Booking’ in the top left section of the page. From there, select your booking arrangement and click cancel booking.
The traveler will be refunded in accordance with the owner’s rental policy agreed upon when the reservation was made. Refunds vary by property but specifics can be found in the rental agreement, if you have one. Damage deposits are held by flipkey.com. If the owner does not report any damage to the property, the traveler will receive a return on their damage deposit. In the case of damage, flipkey will pay some or all of the damage deposit to the owner. If you want to check the status of your damage deposit, simply log into ‘Manage Your Reservation.’ Please note that determining details regarding deposit returns are contained within the rental agreement and that Flipkey acts as the processor of payments and not the arbitrator of agreement outcomes in these situations.
Cancellation Policy Types:
These cancellation types are not shown to renters prior to making a booking, but whose details are shown in the rental agreement. If you have any questions about the specifics of your agreement, be sure to discuss these with the property owner.
1. Relaxed: If a traveler cancels their booking up to two weeks, or 14 days, before the start of their stay, they receive a 100% refund and are not charged any booking fees. If you cancel a booking a week (7 days) or more before the stay, the traveler gets a 50% refund and is charged booking fees on only that portion of the trip.
2. Moderate: If a traveler cancels their reservation 30 days or more before their stay, they are given a 100% refund and, as a result, they are not charged any booking fees. For any bookings cancelled up to 14 days in advance, the traveler receives a partial refund of 50% and is charged booking fees on that particular portion.
3. Firm: If a traveler cancels up to 60 days or more before their stay, they are given a full, 100% refund and are not charged any additional booking fees. For the bookings cancelled up to 30 days in advance, the traveler receives a 50% refund and is charged booking fees on that portion.
4. Strict: If a traveler cancels their booking up to 60 days before their stay, they are given a 100% refund and are not charged any booking fees.
5. No Refund: No refunds are given when a traveler cancels their stay at any time.
We hope this has clarified how to cancel a reservation and what your rental agreement may warrant should you choose to seek a refund. Should you still have any questions about policy, be sure to take a look at FlipKey’s help center at https://helpcenter.flipkey.com/ and contact the owner of the property in question for questions specific to your rental.
This article was written by Nicholas Shipley.