Summer weddings are very popular, so July tends to be a busy month for romantic getaways, as newlyweds ride off into their honeymoons. Because the month of July brings great weather to much of the world, honeymooners can enjoy great weather in a variety of destinations across the globe. Nine fantastic spots for a July honeymoon:
Top July Honeymoon Destinations Around the World
Increasingly becoming popular with Europeans, Iceland is a magical island filled with natural beauty and friendly locals. Newlyweds are increasingly flocking to Iceland due to its remote location and intimate feel. Highlights of Iceland include:
• The Blue Lagoon – a very impressive sight, the Blue Lagoon is a geothermal spa located in a lava field in Grindavik. The warm waters are rich in minerals like silica and sulfur which has proven to be healthy for those dealing with aches.
• Landmannaluagar – the south of Iceland houses beautiful multicolored mountains, beautiful hot springs, and clear blue lakes. Trips from the North of Iceland to the South are plentiful.
Home to some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes and sunsets, Kenya proves to be a romantic environment for newlyweds. The country has done a great job of living among its wildlife and couples can embark on various safari tours. Highlights of Kenya include:
• Lake Nakuru National Park – Characterized by waterfalls, forests, and rocky terrains, Lake Nakuru National Park is a great destination for newlyweds.
• Mount Kenya National Park – Mount Kenya is the country’s second highest mountain and enjoys many trails couples can embark on and see a variety of wildlife.
With more than 17,000 islands and over 300 languages spoken, Indonesia is a fun and culture destination for newlyweds. Across Indonesia, couples will come across volcanoes, beautiful landscapes, and white sand beaches (talk about a versatile vacation). Highlights of Indonesia include:
• Gili Islands – three tiny islands with beautiful white sand beaches in the middle of the sea sounds like a romantic getaway for the ages.
• Komodo – one of the larger islands of Indonesia, Komodo houses a variety of aquatic activities and good cuisine for newlyweds to enjoy.
• Bali - Characterized by majestic beaches, surfing, beautiful resorts, and awesome locals, Bali is a perfect July destination for newlyweds. While in Bali, visitors can enjoy the very best of aquatic activities as well seafood. Highlights of Bali include:
• Balian Beach – a rolling area of dunes and knolls, Balian Beach attracts surfers and beach bums alike.
• Museum Puri Lukisan – The birthplace of the Balinese art movement is in Ubud and the Puri Lukisan is a beautiful museum honoring the rich art culture of Bali.
Characterized by beautiful green landscapes, an energetic city in Dublin, and friendly locals, Ireland is a fun and versatile destination for newlyweds. The Irish summer is one with various festivals celebrating the beautiful Irish culture. Highlights of Ireland include:
• Trinity College – Ireland’s most prestigious university also doubles as one of its more beautiful cultural landmarks. Established in 1592 by Elizabeth I, the campus is an architectural masterpiece.
• Cliffs of Moher – Ireland’s most famous cliffs rise to a height of 702 feet and provide spectacular views of the Galway Bay.
By July, the pesky spring breakers have all gone home and newlyweds can enjoy beautiful Cancun all to themselves. Cancun enjoys top of the line resorts and restaurants making for a romantic getaway. Highlights of Cancun include:
• Isla Mujeres – a beautiful secluded island located off of Cancun provides awesome aquatic activities like snorkeling and scuba diving.
• Cenote Diving – couples can spend their time together diving into cenotes (sinkholes) that lead to impressive underwater caverns.
Once referred to as the “Pearl of the Pacific,” Mazatlan has become one of Mexico’s most alluring beach destinations with a rich culture. Newlyweds are able to stay in any of the world class resorts along the beach. Highlights of Mazatlan include:
• Old Mazatlan – Mazatlan’s restored old town is a picturesque collection of 19th century buildings and plazas.
• Angela Peralta Theater – A hub of Mazatlan’s cultural scene, the theater is home to many of the region’s most important theater and opera offerings.
• Machu Picchu – probably the reason most visitors go to Peru, Machu Picchu is an ancient city that was once conquered by the Spanish and largely forgotten. Sitting atop of the Andes Mountains, newlyweds will leave mesmerized by its unique architecture.
• Museo Larco – newlyweds will witness some of the largest and best ceramic displays of the world at this Lima museum.
Characterized by beautiful beaches, a thriving urban center in Bangkok, and beautiful landscapes, Thailand proves to be a romantic and exciting honeymoon. Oh yes, there’s Thai food as well. Highlights of Thailand include:
• Ko Tao – couples that are looking for seclusion can search no further than Ko Tao. A very small island with beautiful lodging could really be the best honeymoon location.
• Erawan National Park – famous for its seven-tiered waterfall, this national park is home to various trails and wildlife.
Planning a July honeymoon? Find your perfect rental on Tripping.com!
This article was written by Cameron Lafontaine.