Better than any hot tub, there are plenty of benefits to soaking in a natural hot spring. Chemical-free thermal springs can relax sore muscles, boost circulation, and, of course, soothe your mind and spirit. Check out our therapeutic list of the best natural-flowing hot springs in the U.S., from tranquil mountain pools to all-inclusive resorts.
Relax In These 7 Amazing Natural Hot Springs In The U.S.
1. Breitenbush Hot Springs, Detroit, Oregon
This secluded Oregon retreat is the paragon of serenity. Breitenbush offers day use of their clothing-optional natural stone pools, as well as overnight retreats. Stay in a rustic cabin, enjoy catered vegetarian or vegan fare, and hike through the surrounding wilderness on one of their many nature trails, featuring peaceful forests and mountain vistas.
2. Lava Hot Springs, Lava Hot Springs, Idaho
This family-friendly spot is a water-lover’s wonderland. In addition to the luxurious 20,000-gallon pool fed from geothermal mountain springs, Lava Hot Springs also boasts a water park complete with an Olympic swimming pool, kiddie pool, diving platforms and insanely fast water slides. Whatever your speed, Lava Hot Springs has something for the whole family.
3. Glenwood Hot Springs, Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Claiming the title of world’s largest hot springs pool, Glenwood Hot Springs sits snug against a stunning Rocky Mountain backdrop. Soak in the steaming waters during a snowy winter evening or visit in the summer for the water slides and kiddie pool. The generous soaking pool even includes lanes for lap swimmers.
4. Allegheny Springs at the Omni Homestead Resort, Hot Springs, Virginia
This sprawling, historic resort is older than the United States, dating back to 1766. In addition to the history, it’s also home to some of the best hot springs in the state. Natural springs from the Allegheny Mountains feed the Jefferson Pools, named for Thomas Jefferson, who visited the pools in 1818, and the Serenity Garden. Although it can be a peaceful oasis for grown-ups, Allegheny Springs is also home to a kid-friendly water park with a beach, whirlpool, slides, and luxurious private cabanas, complete with HDTVs and a personal attendant.
5. Wiesbaden Hot Springs Spa and Lodgings, Ouray, Colorado
Famous for its European style and stunning rustic setting in Colorado’s San Juan Mountains, Wiesbaden offers a serene Alpine escape. Boasting especially therapeutic waters, Wiesbaden’s facilities include an outdoor pool with a mountain view, a private soaking tub, and the Vaporcave hidden beneath mountain rock.
6. Hot Springs State Park, Thermopolis, Wyoming
This hot spot offers miles of hiking trails and thermal pools in a unique landscape a few hours from Yellowstone National Park. Like a mini-Yellowstone, witness interesting geological features, like the Rainbow Terraces, a local bison herd, and the meandering Bighorn River. But Hot Springs State Park offers something Yellowstone does not: a free bath house with indoor and outdoor soaking pools fed from the surrounding mineral hot springs. After you hike the 6.2 miles of available trails and glimpse the river from the Swinging Bridge, soothe your tired muscles in the thermal waters for a unique state park experience.
7. Riverbend Hot Springs, Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
For a peaceful desert respite, head to the New Mexico town with the most interesting name and enjoy the laid-back leisure of Riverbend Hot Springs. The tiled communal geothermal pools and private soaking tubs range in temperature but all sit next to the Rio Grande River and afford soakers a breathtaking view of the dusty red hills of Turtleback Mountain in the distance.
Ready to relax? Find your perfect vacation rental now on Tripping.com.
- Outer Banks vacation rentals
- Orlando vacation rentals
- Gulf Shores vacation rentals
- San Diego vacation rentals
- Asheville vacation rentals
- Key West vacation rentals
- Tybee Island vacation rentals
- Hilton Head vacation rentals
- Helen, GA vacation rentals
- Boone, NC vacation rentals
- Myrtle Beach rentals
- Virginia Beach rentals
- Panama City Beach rentals
- North Myrtle Beach rentals
- Orange Beach rentals
- Destin beach rentals
- Folly Beach rentals
- Ocean Isle Beach rentals
- Clearwater Beach rentals
- Rehoboth Beach rentals
- Gatlinburg cabin rentals
- Pigeon Forge cabin rentals
- Smoky Mountains cabin rentals
- Blue Ridge cabin rentals
- Big Bear Lake cabin rentals
- Helen cabin rentals
- Boone cabin rentals
- Asheville cabin rentals
- Lake Tahoe cabin rentals
- Bryson City cabin rentals
- Big Bear Lake vacation rentals
- Lake Tahoe vacation rentals
- Deep Creek Lake vacation rentals
- South Lake Tahoe vacation rentals
- Smith Mountain Lake vacation rentals
- Lake George vacation rentals
- Lake Anna vacation rentals
- Shaver Lake vacation rentals
- Lake Lure vacation rentals
- Lake of the Ozarks vacation rentals
This article was written by Katie Vaughan.