Apple picking is on nearly everyone’s list of favorite fall activities. If you live in Ohio and enjoy going to orchards to pick your own delicious apples, you’re in luck—there are tons of great options no matter where you live within the state. Try one of the below options for a fun seasonal activity the whole family can enjoy.
6 Best Places For Apple Picking In Ohio
1. Brant’s Apple Orchard
Brant’s Apple Orchard is a favorite amongst locals in the northeastern Ohio region. Try to visit on a weekend day to partake in the weekend hayrides offered at the orchard. Brant’s is also a favorite among school groups!
- Hours: August 14 – Thanksgiving, Tuesday – Sunday, 10:00am to 6:00pm
- Location: 4749 Dibble Road, Ashtabula County, OH
- Kinds of apples: Jersey Mac, Tydeman Red, Gingergold, Paula Red, Redfree, Mollies, Sansa, Valstar, and Gala—more varieties later in the season
2. Lynd Fruit Farm
While Lynd Fruit Farm is one of the most popular orchards in Ohio, this location offers so much more than your typical orchard—from pumpkin picking to corn mazes, it’s easy to spend a full day here having fun. Make sure to stop by the farm market for some homemade applesauce.
- Hours: Late August – October, 9:00am to 6:00pm (see website for specific dates)
- Location: 9090 Morse Rd SW, Pataskala, OH 43062
- Kinds of apples: Gala, Golden Supreme, Honeycrisp, McIntosh, Golden Delicious, and more!
3. Apple Hill Orchards
If you consider yourself a foodie, Apple Hill Orchards is a must-do—from homemade apple donuts to Apple Hill Cider, any of the choices at this orchard are sure to be delicious. Kids will love the friendly goats and sheep on the property!
- Hours: August 1 – December, Monday – Saturday 8:00am to 6:00pm and Noon to 6:00 on Sunday
- Location: 1175 Lexington-Ontario Road, Mansfield, OH 44903
- Kinds of apples: Lodi, Transparent, Pristine, PaulaRed, Williams Pride, Ginger Gold, McIntosh, Gala, and more!
4. Burnham Orchards
The Burnham family farm dates back to the early 1800’s, and has been a popular local source of apples and more ever since. Products up for purchase at the market include apple butter, honey, a variety of jams and jellies, and even Amish noodles.
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm, Sundays 11:00pm to 6:00pm
- Location: 8019 State Route 113, Berlin Heights, OH 44814
- Kinds of apples: Lodi, Red Delicious, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, and more!
5. MacQueen’s Apple Orchard
MacQueen’s Apple Orchard is best known for its highly popular Apple Butter Stir Festival held every year on the first weekend of October. Make sure to stop by the unique Christmas Shop for a holiday celebration a few months early!
- Hours: Mid-September – Third week of October, 9:00am to 8:00pm
- Location: 7605 Garden Road (Gunn Road & Garden Road) Holland, OH 43528
- Kinds of Apples: Lodi, Earli Gold, Gala, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Melrose, Law Rome, Mutsu, Jersey Mac, and more.
6. CherryHawk Farm
Near Columbus, CherryHawk Farm draws people from all over Ohio looking to pick delicious, fresh apples and enjoy the tranquility of a small family farm. Ask about the sunflowers the farm has been cultivating!
- Hours: 11:00am to 7:00pm
- Location: 16220 Springdale Road, Marysville, OH 43040
- Kinds of Apples: Williams Pride, RedFree, Jonafree, Gala, Honeycrisp, McIntosh, Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, Mutsu, and more.
This article was written by Kaitlyn Lannan.