Note: HOT PRICING ALERT!!! Come escape the heat - to the beach! Still trying to plan an AUGUST vacation at the beach in NEWPORT? We have ONE REMAINING SUMMER WEEK (Sat-Sat, August 18-25) left due to a cancellation. And we've put a SUPER DISCOUNTED PRICE on it for 4, 5 or 6 nites ($450/nt), or the entire week ($425/nt). We have a really lovely beach home, the 'SANDCASTLE', just ONE HOUSE OFF THE SAND
CONGRATULATIONS! You have found a TRUE GEM amongst the many Newport Beach vacation rentals! Available year-round as a weekly/short-term vacation rental, our vacation home is OWNER MANAGED and IMPECCABLY MAINTAINED, and just 30 steps to the sand. It's been RECENTLY REMODELED/CONTINUALLY UPGRADED, and is one of the nicest - and certainly cleanest and well maintained - rentals in the area! For the discriminating SMALLER family of SEVEN or less, we offer a great beach vacation experience in a lovely, warm and comfortable home on the Newport Beach Peninsula
With so many Real Estate Agency-Managed rentals on this site these days, we invite you to deal with us as OWNERS/Managers for the very best personal service only an Owner can provide! Read our reviews, what other guests have to say about us
Located one house off the beach, and on a corner location, both the INTERIOR and EXTERIOR of the "SANDCASTLE" were completely UPGRADED recently, to include new kitchen cabinetry & countertop, new bathroom cabinetry/countertops/fixtures, new tile shower in Master bath, new beds throughout, double pane windows and sliding doors (and blinds), mirror sliding closet doors, new cabinetry throughout the unit, a new washer/dryer solely for your use, a flat screen TV and new artwork. On the OUTSIDE of the house, we've redone our stucco for a smooth look, adding architectural features including stone, korbels and shutters. It was wonderful before, and it's even more fabulous now!
The 'Sandcastle' is a 'HOME AWAY FROM HOME', with very comfortable furniture and a well stocked kitchen, with HDTV (with Satellite TV/75 free premium movie channels) in the main room - and another flatscreen TV in the master bedroom. Plus there's a large front patio with a terrific brand-new table and chairs, with an umbrella and a gas barbecue, and a partial view of the beach - which extends the living room to the outside of this downstairs Duplex unit
The 'Sandcastle' is decorated in a 'beachy' style, with very nice artwork and colorful accessories. You can be ready to start vacationing from the minute you walk in the front door
We cater to smaller families, maximum SEVEN overnight guests (adults and children combined), looking for something "nicer than the rest". We don't accommodate large groups or gatherings, as we have a maximum of TEN (overnight and daytime guests combined) on the property at any time. One of the ways we are able to keep the 'Sandcastle' in the lovely condition it's in! We do sleep 7 in beds:
- Master Bedroom: California King bed, armoire with TV (with satellite/premium channels), large closet, and adjoining bathroom
- Bedroom #2: Queen bed and dresser
- Bedroom #3: both a Double and Twin bed and dresser
- A hall bath accommodates Bedrooms #2 and #3
- and we do have a pull out twin sleeper chair/bed in the main room (let us know if you will need it)
Pillows, comforters, mattress pads are furnished, and now bed linens and towels also will be included in our standard Cleaning and Linens Fee
Enjoy a ground floor location and don't be concerned about who's staying upstairs. Because it's just the two of us (Don't worry though, we stay out of your way; You'll hardly know we're around. Unless you need us for something!) Since it's our house as well, we keep it looking it's best - all the time!
SORRY, but we have a strict NO PETS policy. Not inside the house, nor on the front patio either. Nor do we allow Cannabis, neither inside nor anywhere on the property
Located on the corner of Seashore Drive & 35th Street, we're one house off the boardwalk/sand/beach, and you should know that in this area, the distance between boardwalk and ocean is quite narrow (a real positive, very close), vs some other areas where the sand is 3x what it is by us. So that equates to you being very close to the surf at 35th Street, easy and quick to get from the house to the water
Also you're a short 10 minute walk to the Newport Pier and a good choice of restaurants; close enough to the hustle and bustle of activity surrounding the Pier, yet enough away to enjoy a book peacefully on the patio
You're a short drive or bike ride to the Newport Beach Fun Zone, whale watching tours, boat rentals, wonderful shopping, etc. You're also not too far for a day's excursion to other great Southern California attractions such as Disneyland and the California Adventure Park, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Hollywood, San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, Legoland, and more!
If you're into swimming, surfing, or body boarding, take no more than 30 steps from your front door onto the white sand beach down to the awesome surf that has consistently ranked Newport Beach as one of the top beaches in Southern California. And if you have little ones, the shore is gently sloped, so they can easily get their feet wet and play in the shallow water without being overcome with the waves. When you return to the house, rinse off under our outdoor tile sand shower - or in our new Laundry room shower
IMPORTANT: We do require your signing our Rental Contract, and we will ask you for some personal information (Address & Contact Phone numbers) once you book, so we may provide you with a PERSONALIZED RENTAL CONTRACT, along with 2 Drivers Licenses (for identification purposes). Because TA/FK will not release your personal information until you make your balance payment, it may be that we cannot get this personalized version to you until then. However, there is a Blank Sample Rental Contract posted - attached to our website - that you must agree to in concept when you book our property online, and agree to later forward the personalized version and 2 DL's to us prior to your arrival
HOW BEST TO SECURE YOUR DATES?
- We suggest you email us first through this site ("Contact Owner") before you put in an automated "Reservation Request" - for starters, and let us know # adults / # children - and ask any questions you may have. That gives us both a chance to make sure that our "Sandcastle" is a good fit for you, and you for us. Please note that we have a strict maximum of 7 OVERNIGHT GUESTS - and 10 on the property at any time (incl overnight guests, adults and children combined)
HOW TO GET OUR BEST PRICE?
- Just send an email first to us though this site ("contact owner") and include # adults/# children, and we can respond and confirm your quote. Often, we offer a discount for a FULL WEEK'S STAY (which usually should be reflected when you put in your weeklong dates) so we want to be sure you get our best price
- ONCE YOU SEND AN "OFFICIAL" RESERVATION REQUEST and/or AUTO-BOOK with a CC through TA/FK, we will need to continue to manage your request/reservation through their system, we aren't able to make any changes, and you'll be charged their service fee
- For years we had only accepted checks for payment (or cash) to secure your dates, however we realize these days, many guests like the convenience of a CC - and getting their miles or points - so we can accommodate you that way if you prefer
- So if possible to KEEP YOUR COSTS DOWN, do email us first (through their site ("contact owner") to confirm pricing
- But whatever works for you, we can accommodate you!
We are honest and communicative Owners, and we maintain high standards in everything we do! As your hosts and proprietors Bill and Janice, we live in the upstairs unit of the Duplex, and we're about excellence in everything we do! Your vacation home will be ready and waiting for your arrival - impeccably clean with a welcome bottle of wine to start your vacation right! There's a book of THINGS TO DO with sights and restaurants we recommend, and we are happy to assist with suggestions to make your vacation truly memorable. Since it is our home too, the property - inside and out, upstairs and downstairs - is so very well maintained. If you are interested in knowing more about us and our "Sandcastle", just do a web search for Sandcastle4U (that's Sandcastle + the number 4 + the letter U) in Newport Beach - and up we'll come!
Just 15 minutes from Santa Ana/Orange City airport and 50 miles south of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), a vacation at the SANDCASTLE, experiencing our hospitality and Newport Beach lifestyle, will have you returning year after year!
HINT: If a more relaxed and quiet vacation is what you are looking for. A well kept secret is that September and October are fabulous, due to the great weather, lessened number of tourists and shoulder-season reduced rates!