Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation rentals. We work with top sites to offer 8 million vacation homes in 150,000 destinations worldwide. We're venture-backed, growing FAST and having fun playing in a $100B market. Check out our site and read some of our recent press from the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, TechCrunch and more.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join our top-notch marketing team who has experience in German search engine optimization to acquire consumers. As an SEO Manager at Tripping.com, you'll work closely with our product and marketing teams to execute on crucial organic growth strategies. The successful candidate will build a discoverable, well thought-out web presence in Germany to ensure that customers can easily find Tripping.com when they’re booking their next vacation rental.
We are a leader in the travel industry and our business is evolving and growing rapidly. This role requires someone who can think creatively and continuously iterate on the most effective strategies for acquiring new users. It is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in contributing to the growth of a fast-moving, consumer-travel startup. You will be part of a very small team, so a willingness to roll up your sleeves is required.
- Establish Tripping.com’s presence and authority in particular German subject areas and help as many travelers as possible find the best vacation rental for them
- Test, plan and successfully execute on ROI positive SEO initiatives in the German market
- Develop on-site and off-page campaigns focused on German keyword research by researching and executing key search terms and phrases within each key market
- Optimize content strategy around key German terms. Partnering with the content team to make sure the resources, blogs, and any other content is focused on the terms that are important to our target audience in Germany.
- Drive on-site and external link building/earning strategies that deliver referral traffic to the site, as well as developing quality links to drive growth in German rankings
- Study search demand to identify growth opportunities for our German content and product
- Use web analytics and SEO tools to monitor, analyze and optimize website activity, trends in traffic, SRP rankings, and customer acquisition metrics, through weekly and ad-hoc reports
- Report weekly on our German SEO marketing results to the marketing team and executive leadership
- Proven track record of managing successful online marketing campaigns with at least 2-years of experience in search engine optimization in Germany
- Native German speaker and a deep understanding of German travelers
- Ability to define and implement key SEO campaigns managing our programs to a specific ROI.
- Proven track record of executing and optimizing SEO campaigns
- Creativity and willingness to test new strategies and emerging SEO opportunities. We want to be on the cutting edge of SEO marketing programs.
- Deep understanding of critical SEO analytics and research platforms (e.g. Google & Bing Webmaster Tools, Adobe Analytics, Google Adwords Keyword Tool etc.), as well as familiarity with third-party SEO analytics solutions such as AWR, Moz, Ahrefs, SEMrush etc.
- Exceptional analytical and real-time problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to provide solutions.
- Ability to work within a small team while making proactive decisions based on the opportunities available.
- Intense desire to be part of a successful company from the ground up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind, and a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Sense of adventure: willing to take risks, either for the adrenaline, or the experience
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.