Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation rentals. We work with top sites to offer 8 million vacation homes in 150,000 destinations worldwide. We're venture-backed, growing FAST and having fun playing in a $100B market. Check out our site and read some of our recent press from the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, TechCrunch and more.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual to join our top-notch marketing team who has experience using performance marketing to acquire consumers in Germany. This role provides an opportunity to develop and manage a cross-channel, cross-platform acquisition strategy to grow our German user base. We are a leader in the travel industry and our business is evolving and growing rapidly. This role requires someone who can think creatively and be continuously iterating on the most effective strategies for acquiring new users.
The position requires you to have strong data-driven decision making and communication skills. It is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in contributing to the growth of a fast-moving, consumer-travel startup. You will be part of a very small team, so a willingness to roll up your sleeves is required.
- You will own part of our German performance marketing program and will be given financials goals that you will need to surpass.
- Your objective will be to grow our SEM marketing in Germany, while maintaining revenue and cost objectives.
- You will have a budget that will be adjusted based on the monthly seasonality and be expected adjust your performance marketing programs accordingly.
- You will collaborate with the performance marketing team to share and leverage best practices and innovative ideas.
- You will report weekly on your performance marketing results to the marketing team and executive leadership.
- Proven track record of managing successful online marketing campaigns in German with at least 2-years of experience in key paid acquisition channels including Google AdWords, Bing, Facebook, affiliate networks and various paid acquisition programs targeting consumers.
- Ability to work within a small team while making proactive decisions based on the opportunities available.
- Ability to define and implement key marketing programs in German while making sure to stay within the allotted budget and managing our programs to a specific ROI.
- Proven track record of executing and optimizing campaign A/B and multivariable split tests to help improve conversion rates and click-through-rates.
- Experience forecasting and managing marketing programs based on a customer acquisition cost target and revenue optimization.
- Familiarity with providing weekly financial reports to the leadership team to communicate progress.
- Creativity and willingness to test new strategies and emerging customer acquisition channels. We want to be on the cutting edge of new customer acquisition marketing programs.
- Exceptional analytical and real-time problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to provide solutions.
- High level of competency in Excel or other similar tool to develop scenario models.
- Native German speaker
WHAT YOU NEED TO EXCEL
- Intense desire to be part of a successful company from the ground up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind, and a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Sense of adventure: willing to take risks, either for the adrenaline, or the experience
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.