Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation rentals. We work with top sites to offer 8 million vacation homes in 150,000 destinations worldwide. We're venture-backed, growing FAST and having fun playing in a $100B market. Check out our site and read some of our recent press from the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, TechCrunch and more.
You're smart, driven by logic and passionate about finding creative solutions to complex problems. You love coding, from the top to the bottom and from the front end to the back end. You've always set high standards for yourself and you want to be surrounded by smart people who challenge and inspire you to play at the top of your game. Tripping is a tech-focused startup, so you will have the freedom to try new things and influence the design and technical direction of the site.
- Strong understanding of MVC and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of big data, database design and/or search algorithms
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, light code
- Experience working with XML, JSON and REST
- You can work independently and under very tight deadlines
- Self-driven, with a good approach to working efficiently and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to set (and meet) realistic deadlines
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Obsession with new technologies and trends
- BS, MS or experience in quantitative field (e.g. math, engineering, econ, etc.)
- Hands-on coder. Love to roll up your sleeves and write great code
- Intense desire to be part of a successful company from the ground up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind, and a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Experience working at travel, ecommerce, or marketplace (B2C) businesses
- Sense of adventure: willing to take risks, either for the adrenaline or the experience
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.
- Willing to consider candidates from the European Union, with a focus on Berlin, London, and Amsterdam
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.