Tripping.com is the world's largest site for vacation rentals. We work with top sites to offer 8 million vacation homes in 150,000 destinations worldwide. We're venture-backed, growing FAST and having fun playing in a $100B market. Check out our site and read some of our recent press from the Wall Street Journal, NY Times, TechCrunch and more.
ABOUT THE JOB
Tripping.com is looking for Mid-Senior Front-end Engineers to help us further develop our platform. Our engineers are talented, driven and humble people who love what they do, are intellectually curious, are always looking to grow, and enjoy having fun along the way.
OUR CORE STACK
- Ruby on Rails, as our web application framework
- React, built on a custom front end framework following the flux architecture
- Erlang, which our real time API has been built in
- Elasticsearch, pulling from RDBMS and NoSQL data stores
- MySQL and Redis, to store our data
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Expertise in JS and CSS – we write in ES6, use babel to transpile down to ES5, and use SCSS as our CSS Preprocessor
- Strong knowledge of modern MVC frameworks, and the libraries and tooling surrounding them. Rails and React preferred.
- Experience and deep understanding of modern development standards, HTML5, CSS3 and cross-browser compatibility issues
- A desire to write great, clean, secure code and always striving to implement features in the best way possible. You’ve thought ahead about what’s to come, thought of all the edge cases, and have proved that with tests in RSpec and Jasmine.
- An obsession with new technologies and trends – we don’t mind testing new tech out where it makes sense for our products!
- A self-starter mentality, who can work independently and collaboratively. We’re a small team, and communication is key in allowing us to move quickly.
WHAT YOU NEED TO EXCEL
- Intense desire to be part of a successful company from the ground up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind, and a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Love of travel and experience staying in vacation homes
- Great culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with frequent outings and retreats
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.