- Room Type:Entire Apartment
- Max Guests:4
- Min Stay:2
- Pets Allowed:Yes
- cable tv
- stereo system
- wireless internet
- linens provided
- air conditioning
- dvd player
- ceiling fans
- standard definition tv
- electric stove
- high speed internet
- soap/shampoo provided
- city/skyline views
- satellite tv
- towels provided
- local guides/maps
- internet access
LISBON - ALFAMA - NATIONAL PANTHEON
This small and charming apartment is on the 3rd floor of a old building on a small street (Travessa do Zagalo nº 19) leading to Campo de Sta Clara, the place where Feira da Ladra (or Thieves market), the flea market, takes place every Tuesday and Saturday.
Nearby you have various forms of traditional Portuguese commerce, and from there you can easily reach most of the popular sightseeing spots in Lisbon.
It is also walking distance to the Sightseeing bus stop, the train station Santa Apolónia, connecting the capital to the northern part of Portugal and also to the trains coming from Spain. The nearest airport is Lisbon International Airport, which is 5 kilometers away.
The apartment is a 40m2 studio and has been entirely renovated and remodeled to include:
- a complete kitchen but withought a washing machine
- a sleeping room with a double bed and 2 individual sofa beds
- a sitting room with, dining area, a TV and stereo
- — a small terrasse with view to National Panteon
In winter time the apartment is heated with electric heaters.
We will welcome you with a bottle of cold “vinho verde” and a basket of fruit. You will also find some CDs with Portuguese music to complete your cultural experience in Lisbon.
The apartment — leading to Campo de Sta Clara, the square where Lisbon's most famous market — Feira da Ladra — is held in the early afternoon every Tuesday and Saturday. Behind the various bric-a-brac, you can also uncover second-hand clothes, books, disks, and, if you dig deep enough, some genuinely valuable antiques.
You can easily reach the city center by foot or by taking the famous tram number 28, a scenic route crossing most of the tourist neighborhoods of the city center. A definite must for any visitor to Lisbon. You can also walk to Alfama and, from there, to the castle and Baixa, Chiado and Bairro Alto.
In the neighborhood and in the nearby Graça, there are several “musts” not to miss on your visit:
– Panteão Nacional – Church of Santa Engrácia: When the construction began in 1682, it was planned as one of the Lisbon’s biggest churches. However, it had been long neglected and the construction was completed only in 1966! It was then that the Panteão Nacional was inaugurated. Here you will find cenotaphs of Portugal's heroes. The interior is colossal and contains the tombs of historic and literary figures — from Vasco da Gama to Amália Rodrigues, the famous fado singer.
– The convent of São Vicente de Fora: Portugal’s first king, Afonso Henriques laid the foundations of this church in order to fulfill a vow to construct Christian Houses of worship where Portuguese and European crusaders would lay to rest. Inaugurated in 1629, the church was severely damaged by the 1755 earthquake. It has been recently renovated and deserves a visit. The view from the rooftop is one of the greatest in Lisbon.
– Some "Miradouros" (vantage points) miradors with amazing views over the castle S Jorge, the river Tejo and the city roofs. (miradors of Graça with an open-air café and Senhora do Monte 600m further on). The views are even more spectacular at sunset. Don’t miss it!
-The Fado and Portuguese guitar Museum: Situated in Rua da bica do Sapato were you can have a historical visit about the most the traditional Portuguese music-Fado- and famous Portuguese fado singers like Amalia Rodrigues Carlos do Carmo and Mariza. During the summer (Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays) you can dinner in a small square of the museum, listening to Fado, performed by many fado singers, live! A night program you certainly won’t miss!
You May Also Like...
The Star apartment is located in one of the most typical quarters of Lisbon, allowing you easy access to the sights of the cozy Portuguese capital.
Housed in a very quiet street, the apartment is new and is located on the third floor (no elevator)...
<span>Feel at home in Lisbon, staying in a cosy and quiet apartment in the very heart of Alfama quarter, near to the river Tagus and the National Pantheon, while visiting plenty of nearby popular sights of this beautiful historical city.</span><br /><span>The apartment consists of an open space with a comfortable kitchen plus dining área with all the commodities needed for a comfortable stay, and ‘relaxing’ área.</span><br /><span>There is also a classy bathroom with a shower.</span>
<p><span>Located on the ground floor of an completed restored ancient building, it is only a short walking distance from the subway, bus stops and the international train station of Santa Apolónia.</span></p>
Nossa Alegria I is a one bedroom apartment ready to accommodate 4 persons: 2 in the double bed and other two in the sofa bed in the living room! Either you are two or four you will pay exactly the same and therefore this is a low cost accommodation especially if you are four and considering that you are centrally located! The apartment comprises all the modern conveniences and facilities such as the wireless internet connection! Privileged location only a few meters away from the main avenue / boulevard in Lisbon: The Avenida da Liberdade with metro station.