- Room Type:Entire Apartment
- Max Guests:3
- Min Stay:2
- Pets Allowed:No
- dining area
- music library
- video library
- sofa bed
- basic soaps
- iron & board
- living room
- towels provided
- parking off street
- washing machine
- clothes dryer
- broadband access
- wireless internet
- linens provided
- alarm clock
- activities guide
- toilet paper
- laundry soap
- local restaurant guide
- local activities guide
- paper towels
- filtered water
- coffee maker
- cooking utensils
- 4 ring stove
- pantry items
- dishes & utensils
- deck / patio
- outdoor grill
- gated community
- smoking allowed
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- long-term renters welcome
- children welcome
- whale watching
- scenic drives
- gambling casinos
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
- horseback riding
Private, Quiet, Bright Studio near Gaslamp, Zoo, Petco Park, & Convention
1946 historical cottage recently renovated and modernized, Located in a private and secure gated complex in beautiful and quiet Golden Hill near South Park. Ranked #2 in the nation out of twenty best towns of the future by Sunset magazine.
- 1 f …
We had a wonderful stay here. The sofa is a fold-out bed, and the studio is pretty small, but it was more than sufficient for what we needed: a clean, affordable place to crash. Although the parking spot is small, it was just enough space as well. Would come back!
P.S. The complimentary bottle of wine was very much appreciated.
We really enjoyed our stay in San Diego and have the following to say about this property.
The good stuff:
-clean, bright, and well maintained
-good value for the cost
-booking process was easy and Alik was great to deal with
-excellent location, we walked downtown and to Balboa park so no real need to rent a car. Public transit is both easy and cheap. Golden Hill is a cool neighborhood,
-be sure to check out the Golden Hill Cafe and Panchitas Bakery just around the corner. There is also a nice Russian restaurant across the street.
The so-so item:
-The only complaint we had was the bed isn't that great. Like many fold-aways it was better when we just used the mattress on the floor.
We would stay there again.
Comfortable studio apartment within walking distance of downtown and public transportation. The property was clean and as advertised; extremely quiet and private. The complimentary wine was a nice touch. Booking with Alik was easy and straight forward. I will definitely be recommending this apartment to friends and family, and will stay here again if I return to San Diego. Perfect home base for our travels around the city!
Worst place ever. Lousy owner. Property is misrepresented in add. Read on to find out why. If your already booked to come here please take out the VRBO home away guareante you will need it for the misrepresenting file.
1) Parking spot for studio. Subcompact car only. No mention of that in listing. If you drive a normal size car as most do you can not fit in that spot. If you do fit in you will not be able to open your doors. The other vacationers and the permant tenants will need to walk past your car to get to there's and will kore then likely damage it by doing so because it's such a tight fit... Off street parking is terrible and you will drive around trying to find a spot. Also you have to watch for signs as for there are days you can't park on some of the streets...just awful. Owner is aware and states not his problem.
2) Studio is super noisy.... Not a quiet place as add states. The studio has an interior door that opens up to the larger two bedroom rental. Yes that's correct if you open the door it goes directly into the upstairs of the other rental. Every word, foot step, child crying, playing , farting is heard. no mention of this in add for studio. Owner should let you know your u it is not sound proofed and has a single door that opens to the larger unit which is more the likly to house. Large family on vacation with kids and you will never sleep in past 0630. Which is why I a awake writing this review as I am woken again for the third morning of my not so peaceful vacation. Yes owner is aware and also lies about the insulation. I had to have a professional come out to look at it for my misrepresenting claim and I have proff it is not properly constructed. Hope you like to get up early.
3) Courty yard. Looks nice in owners pictures right? Wrong! It's a mess. Leafs piled in yard, weeds coming up through rocked area and the tables and chairs are so dirty. However that's not the worst part. There are full time tenants on this property, a you g couple that have two large dogs, one bullmastive and one rotwieler. These dogs are able to run the property freely when outside. If your afraid of dogs get your money back now. They are nice dogs and so are the tenants, but you can not sit outside and enjoy the courtyard. Plus they do bark at noise.... If you have small children that would like to play outside forget about that. No mention of this in add.....
4) Ants.... The people in the two bedroom unit had ants at the kids heads two nights ago
You May Also Like...
$115 / night1 bed / 1 bathSan Diego, CA
Bright and Modern Studio Appt Located in the Heart of Pacific Beach
Located in the heart of Pacific Beach, this location puts you right in the middle of everything! Walk to beach, bars and restaurants (Sleeps up to 4) Let us be your home away from home for your next San Diego vacation.
Walk right to bars, restaur...
$99 / night1 bed / 1 bathSan Diego, CA
One bed room Cottage, Close to Town & Convent Cnt.
Surrounded by tropical ambiance this cozy and charming bungalow is the perfect place to get away. Located in the heart of the old, unique and beautiful neighborhood of Golden Hill, this is a prime location for a visit to San Diego. Located on a side street there is ample, safe and free parking.
Within just a few blocks you have the choice of a plethora of delicious local eateries. Cook your own steak at the legendary Turf Club, enjoy Humberto’s famous carne asada fries, or have a stone oven pizza while enjoying the outdoor patio of Luigis.
Just 4 minutes away you can visit the baby panda’s at the zoo or take in a museum and a walk through beautiful Balboa Park. Head about 1 1/2 miles straight down Broadway into the lively downtown, Gaslamp or Little Italy, extremely convenient for Convention Center visits. If you are too tuckered after a busy day downtown, grab a bus as it drops you off just 1/2 block from the bungalow. Want to see a spectacular view of the San Diego bay? Hop on the ferry and cross the bay to Coronado for a day on the island. Golden Hill has easy access to all the major San Diego highways, making a trip to most San Diego beaches just 10-20 minutes away.
The bungalow is the perfect home away from home to return to after a funfilled day in San Diego. With granite countertops and stainless steal appliances, the kitchen provides all the amnemities needed to cook your own fish tacos! Pots, pans, cooking utensils, dishes are all provided. Sit under the avocado tree, and enjoy the dual BBQ and charcoal grill on the newly designed patio/lounge area while relaxing in our comfy lounge chairs. Beware of falling avocados! Grab them for some homemade guacamole!
Sit back on the couch and enjoy the flat screen tv with HDTV or hop on the internet with our free WiFi. Did your clothes get sandy at the beach? We have on site laundry with quarters provided.
Each room is decorated with the comforts of home in mind. Sheets, towels and blankets are all provided as well as dish soap, toilet paper and paper towels.
Have pets? We are a pet friendly property and the yard provides a great romp and play area for your dog.
Your safety and peace are our priority and we provide 24hour video survellience for the extra layer of security.
$90 / night1 bed / 1 bathCoronado, CA
Live in a quiet village neighborhood, feel like a Coronado resident
See All San Diego Vacation Rentals »
Welcome to your Coronado vacation getaway! This one bedroom, one full bathroom quiet guest apartment comes with a full kitchen and is ideal for a single or a couple who are looking for something quieter and more home like than typical hotel stay.
- Our Partners
- AIESEC United States
- Hostelling International
- Featured In
- The New York Times
- Budget Travel
- The Gaurdian
Tripping, hosting and couch surfing are done at your own risk: please use good judgement and act responsibly.
Copyright © 2014 Tripping International, 1 Hallidie Plaza, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94102