- Room Type:Entire House
- Max Guests:4
- Min Stay:2
- Pets Allowed:No
- dining area
- dvd player
- music library
- satellite / cable
- air conditioning
- linens provided
- hair dryer
- washing machine
- clothes dryer
- towels provided
- iron & board
- living room
- coffee maker
- dishes & utensils
- ski & snowboard
- kayak / canoe
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- minimum age limit for renters
- long-term renters welcome
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- whale watching
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
- miniature golf
- not suitable for children
Largest and Most Conveniently Located 1BR/1BA in Town
Extra Large, Beautifully Furnished One Bedroom Home in Historic Bankers Hill!
Large, spacious rooms flooded with lots of natural sunlight give this beautiful one bedroom apartment a loft-like feeling. Located in the heart of San Diego’s Historic …
Terrific stay -- comfy bed, beautiful kitchen, lots of light, very convenient to Balboa Park, close to great restaurants. Hosts Roberto and Todd were very welcoming and helpful. They obviously take great pride in their lovely home, and their love of San Diego rubbed off on us!
Our family of two adults and two preschool age children stayed here for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful experience.
- BEAUTIFUL place!! Love the hardwood floors, the remodeled kitchen, beautifully done bathroom, the decor, etc. Everything about this place was tasteful and elegant.
- Well stocked kitchen. It came with just about everything we needed, although nothing as fancy as a blender or food processor. But all the basics were there including knives, can openers, wooden spoons, spatulas, oven mitts, plastic food storage containers, etc. There was ample space in the fridge and freezer. The kitchen also includes a large pantry where you can store any non-perishable items you pick up at the grocery store.
- TONS of floor space. This was a huge blessing with two active preschoolers, who fortunately had plenty of room to move around.
- A small little outdoor space off the kitchen. We didn't actually spend much time there, but the kids did get to play around a bit.
- Roberto, the owner, is very attentive and had great communication with us to make sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable.
- About a 3 or 4 block walk to the edge of Balboa Park, right by a kids' playground.
- The neighborhood is adorable and it felt very safe to walk around the block with my kids.
- Comes with an air mattress that can be blown up using an electric pump. Our kids slept on the air mattress on the floor while my husband and I slept in the bed.
- The house comes with a DVD player. There are also a number of DVDs available to borrow, or you can bring your own.
Things to be aware of:
- The shades in the master bedroom do not block out light very well. My kids were up early every day we stayed there due to all the light in the bedroom. You may wish to bring a sleeping mask if the morning light is likely to wake you up earlier than you would like.
- The hardwood floors were quite slippery. I slipped (but didn't fall) and my son slipped and did fall several times when walking around the house in socks. Just something to be aware of, but not a problem if you wear shoes in the house.
- On several occasions we were not able to find parking in front of the house and had to park on a side street. Not too big of a deal, but just something to note.
This rental is absolutely beautiful and felt like a home away from home.
The location is convenient to everything! We were able to take a short 5 minute drive to Whole Foods, walk to Balboa Park and Hillcrest area... literally 10 minutes from the Hash House (great food, large portions - get there early because the line is like Disneyland) and a ~15/20 minute drive to the beach.
The owner Roberto was very kind and made it a point to come and say hello upon our arrival. The issue my husband and I usually have when using vacation rentals for our accommodation when we travel is the kitchen has the throw away plate ware and utensils... not this kitchen. The kitchen has every piece of cookware, plate ware, cutlery (knives that are actually sharp!), glass ware and utensils you would ever need.
To top it all off, this was the most beautifully decorated home! Amazing artwork hung around the home, gorgeous light fixtures and tile work in the bathroom. And the cost just couldn't be beat. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the SD area.
Our stay was first class. Upon our arrived the home was spotless. The kitchen is fully stocked with any gadget you'll need to prepare a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your style there are numerous restaurants within a short walk.
Sea World, Balboa Park, Sea Port Village, Old Town, Little Italy, downtown San Diego, beaches and the harbor are all within a short drive. We stayed for six weeks and loved every minute of our stay. There is something for everyone in San Diego.
Roberto was a gracious host. He was always available and helpful. The neighborhood was beautiful with all of the old homes, outside cafe's and parks.
You won't be disappointed with your stay!
You know a place is ah-mazing when you almost don't want to share how great an experience it was! Roberto's condo is a true gem of a place and I absolutely recommend staying here as the space itself is immaculately maintained and has everything you could possibly need/want, convenient to both Balboa park and downtown proper and perfect for a business trip or relaxing vacation.
- The photos don't do it justice - it's even nicer than depicted. With a full kitchen, washer/dryer unit, living and dining room and a bedroom with a business center nook, once you have gotten groceries there is no reason to leave.
- The area has plenty of restaurants and exciting areas to see within walking distance and is only a $15 cab ride away from the airport or downtown with no traffic.
- The host was super accommodating, friendly and happy to help out in any way you should need!
I will definitely be staying here again when my travels take me to San Diego.
What an excellent place to stay! Rental was immaculate and gorgeous. Very close to Sea World, Seaport Village, beaches, Little Italy and so much more.
Mr. Rosado was very pleasant and accommodating.
I will definitely stay here again.
So glad I found this place!
Excellent home and house!
Nice and cute place!
Best Location for Hillcrest N Balboa Park.
The Best landlord!
Thank you for our beautiful vocation!
We had the pleasure of being Roberto's first VRBO renters and we could not have been happier with the space and our experience! The apartment is beautiful, with amazing appointments and plenty of room to spread out. We were within walking distance to many great restaurants and Balboa Park- it was very convenient. The neighboorhood was quiet and very safe as well. Thank you again for a great stay and we will be back on our next visit!
You May Also Like...
$200 / night1 bed / 1 bathSan Diego, CA
Enchanting guest house nestled in a canyon!
This charming guest house offers a unique experience in one of San Diego's finest historic, neighborhood of Mission Hills which is conveniently located in the heart of the city. Our enchanting garden guest house is found at the end of a cul de sa...
$199 / night1 bed / 1 bathPacific Beach, CA
Casa de Camacho Panoramic Ocean View Penthouse Condo
* Property Type: Condo
* Sq. Ft.: 700
Pacific Beach, San Diego, California
Swimming pool, hot tub and a penthouse condo with a panoramic ocean view from living room and kitchen! What more could you ask for? It's all here at Ocean Point!
Located just two blocks north of Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach, next to Mission Beach, half-way between Downtown Gas Lamp district and La Jolla. Walk to a myriad of wonderful ethnic, seafood, and American restaurants and shopping. Ride our provided bikes on the miles and miles of ocean-front and bay-front boardwalk. Watch the pelicans skimming the waves in formation and catch a glimpse of dolphins playing in the surf.
This comfortable condo was just fully refreshed in December 2013 by the new owners. The livingroom has new carpet a comfortable movie theater-like couch and love seat that fully recline. Enjoy the 55 inch LED Flat screen TV with cable and DVD,500 stereo music stations, high speed cable internet with Wi-Fi, and an iPod docking station. The Queen Murphy bed in the livingroom offers a comfortable bed with the view! The dining table with 4 chairs is right by the floor-to-ceiling windows for dining, playing family games or just visiting...with an amazing ocean view!
The newly carpeted bedroom has a queen bed with a new Beautyrest pillowtop mattress and a 42 inch flat-screen TV with a DVD player. The bathroom has an all tiled tub/shower combination. High quality sheets and towels, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and alarm clocks.
You won't ever miss a sunset or feel stuck in this open California style kitchen with a view of the ocean. Granite counter tops, all new stainless steel appliances and everything you need for cooking and dining at home.
This area is ideal for bicycle riding so we provide 2 beach cruiser bikes plus boogie boards, beach toys, beach towels, beach chairs and beach mats. The laundry room has 11 washers and dryers so you can do your laundry and be back out on the beach in no time flat! The building has a security door, underground parking garage and an elevator as well. Feel secure with our state-of-the-art electronic locks. Each guest gets a new door code that expires at check-out time. You can change your door code upon arrival to something easy for you to remember. No worry about losing your keys at the beach!
Just 2 miles from SeaWorld, 3 miles from Old Town, 7-9 miles from the GasLamp District, the Embarcadero with it's floating museums and SeaPort Village, and lovely Balboa Park and the world famous San Diego Zoo. Within an hour are the outlet stores, the flower fields of Carlsbad, LegoLand and the wineries and antique stores of Temecula and the Wild Animal Park. Within 2 hours are Disneyland, the historic gold rush town of Julian and Anza Borrego Desert State Park.
Come and enjoy our great weather and all San Diego has to offer while staying in this great oceanfront condo.
$139 / night1 bed / 1 bathSan Diego, CA
Gorgeous, Modern Hide-Away Near Zoo & Park
See All San Diego Vacation Rentals »
Our 1926 Spanish villa -- 'Villa Barajas' -- combines historic character with modern features. Enjoy an authentic local living experience, in luxury style, with the comforts of home!
The Baker's Suite (#3321) is a cozy, compact 1 bed, 1 bath (just under 400 SF), ideal for two, but can accommodate up to 4 with the comfortable sofa bed. Overall, the feel is organic, clean lined, modern and very warm and inviting -- The French baker's table used for dining was made from reclaimed 19th century scaffolding.
Gorgeous original hardwood floors, exposed brick, fine cabinetry and furnishings, deep Euro tub/shower, central heat/AC, washer and dryer in suite, all new fully equipped kitchen and bath.
We also provide amenities -- K-cup and French press coffee makers, beach towels, blow dryer, iron, luggage rack, shampoo and conditioner, shower gel, hand soaps, other essentials. WIFI and smart TV -- Stream Netflix and Pandora while you relax or enjoy a light meal in the suite.
Spacious grounds with gas grill, ping pong table and delightful seating areas. Walk a few blocks to Balboa Park, restaurants, cafes, golf, community pool, tennis, recreation. 5 minutes to downtown -- Little Italy, The GasLamp Quarter, Seaport Village, Convention Center, the famous San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and museums, Old Globe Theatre. 10 min to beaches and other major attractions, including Coronado Island and Seaworld.