- Room Type:Entire House
- Max Guests:4
- Min Stay:2
- Pets Allowed:No
- dining area
- dvd player
- music library
- satellite / cable
- air conditioning
- linens provided
- hair dryer
- washing machine
- clothes dryer
- towels provided
- iron & board
- living room
- coffee maker
- dishes & utensils
- ski & snowboard
- kayak / canoe
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- minimum age limit for renters
- long-term renters welcome
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- whale watching
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
- miniature golf
- not suitable for children
Largest and Most Conveniently Located 1BR/1BA in Town
Extra Large, Beautifully Furnished One Bedroom Home in Historic Bankers Hill!
Large, spacious rooms flooded with lots of natural sunlight give this beautiful one bedroom apartment a loft-like feeling. Located in the heart of San Diego’s Historic …
Terrific stay -- comfy bed, beautiful kitchen, lots of light, very convenient to Balboa Park, close to great restaurants. Hosts Roberto and Todd were very welcoming and helpful. They obviously take great pride in their lovely home, and their love of San Diego rubbed off on us!
Our family of two adults and two preschool age children stayed here for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful experience.
- BEAUTIFUL place!! Love the hardwood floors, the remodeled kitchen, beautifully done bathroom, the decor, etc. Everything about this place was tasteful and elegant.
- Well stocked kitchen. It came with just about everything we needed, although nothing as fancy as a blender or food processor. But all the basics were there including knives, can openers, wooden spoons, spatulas, oven mitts, plastic food storage containers, etc. There was ample space in the fridge and freezer. The kitchen also includes a large pantry where you can store any non-perishable items you pick up at the grocery store.
- TONS of floor space. This was a huge blessing with two active preschoolers, who fortunately had plenty of room to move around.
- A small little outdoor space off the kitchen. We didn't actually spend much time there, but the kids did get to play around a bit.
- Roberto, the owner, is very attentive and had great communication with us to make sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable.
- About a 3 or 4 block walk to the edge of Balboa Park, right by a kids' playground.
- The neighborhood is adorable and it felt very safe to walk around the block with my kids.
- Comes with an air mattress that can be blown up using an electric pump. Our kids slept on the air mattress on the floor while my husband and I slept in the bed.
- The house comes with a DVD player. There are also a number of DVDs available to borrow, or you can bring your own.
Things to be aware of:
- The shades in the master bedroom do not block out light very well. My kids were up early every day we stayed there due to all the light in the bedroom. You may wish to bring a sleeping mask if the morning light is likely to wake you up earlier than you would like.
- The hardwood floors were quite slippery. I slipped (but didn't fall) and my son slipped and did fall several times when walking around the house in socks. Just something to be aware of, but not a problem if you wear shoes in the house.
- On several occasions we were not able to find parking in front of the house and had to park on a side street. Not too big of a deal, but just something to note.
This rental is absolutely beautiful and felt like a home away from home.
The location is convenient to everything! We were able to take a short 5 minute drive to Whole Foods, walk to Balboa Park and Hillcrest area... literally 10 minutes from the Hash House (great food, large portions - get there early because the line is like Disneyland) and a ~15/20 minute drive to the beach.
The owner Roberto was very kind and made it a point to come and say hello upon our arrival. The issue my husband and I usually have when using vacation rentals for our accommodation when we travel is the kitchen has the throw away plate ware and utensils... not this kitchen. The kitchen has every piece of cookware, plate ware, cutlery (knives that are actually sharp!), glass ware and utensils you would ever need.
To top it all off, this was the most beautifully decorated home! Amazing artwork hung around the home, gorgeous light fixtures and tile work in the bathroom. And the cost just couldn't be beat. I would highly recommend this to anyone visiting the SD area.
Our stay was first class. Upon our arrived the home was spotless. The kitchen is fully stocked with any gadget you'll need to prepare a gourmet meal. If cooking is not your style there are numerous restaurants within a short walk.
Sea World, Balboa Park, Sea Port Village, Old Town, Little Italy, downtown San Diego, beaches and the harbor are all within a short drive. We stayed for six weeks and loved every minute of our stay. There is something for everyone in San Diego.
Roberto was a gracious host. He was always available and helpful. The neighborhood was beautiful with all of the old homes, outside cafe's and parks.
You won't be disappointed with your stay!
You know a place is ah-mazing when you almost don't want to share how great an experience it was! Roberto's condo is a true gem of a place and I absolutely recommend staying here as the space itself is immaculately maintained and has everything you could possibly need/want, convenient to both Balboa park and downtown proper and perfect for a business trip or relaxing vacation.
- The photos don't do it justice - it's even nicer than depicted. With a full kitchen, washer/dryer unit, living and dining room and a bedroom with a business center nook, once you have gotten groceries there is no reason to leave.
- The area has plenty of restaurants and exciting areas to see within walking distance and is only a $15 cab ride away from the airport or downtown with no traffic.
- The host was super accommodating, friendly and happy to help out in any way you should need!
I will definitely be staying here again when my travels take me to San Diego.
What an excellent place to stay! Rental was immaculate and gorgeous. Very close to Sea World, Seaport Village, beaches, Little Italy and so much more.
Mr. Rosado was very pleasant and accommodating.
I will definitely stay here again.
So glad I found this place!
Excellent home and house!
Nice and cute place!
Best Location for Hillcrest N Balboa Park.
The Best landlord!
Thank you for our beautiful vocation!
We had the pleasure of being Roberto's first VRBO renters and we could not have been happier with the space and our experience! The apartment is beautiful, with amazing appointments and plenty of room to spread out. We were within walking distance to many great restaurants and Balboa Park- it was very convenient. The neighboorhood was quiet and very safe as well. Thank you again for a great stay and we will be back on our next visit!
You May Also Like...
$179 / night1 bed / 2 bathLa Jolla, CA
Furnished La Jolla Townhome - Prime Location West of Interstate 5
Vacation/seasonal rental between December 15, 2013 and April 15, 2014. Enjoy this spacious, fully furnished and equipped, three level townhome in a prime La Jolla (San Diego) location, West of Interstate-5! $1250/week; $3,000/month. Large and open 1 bedroom and 1.5 bathroom, 1069 square foot unit with cathedral ceilings, cozy fireplace, sunny patio, attached two car garage. Fully furnished with nice amenities ready for your Winter vacation stay. Within the Cambridge complex off Via La Jolla Drive, the surrounding grounds are beautiful with lush landscaping throughout, pool, and spa.
Walking distance to UCSD and the La Jolla Village Square shopping area, restaurants, Whole Foods, movie theaters and a short drive to other nearby shopping and restaurants at University Town Center, Aventine and La Jolla Hyatt. It is also a quick drive into downtown La Jolla, Torrey Pines Golf Course and Torrey Pines State Park. Nearby access to Interstate 5 and 805, and Highway 56 provides for easy driving trips to unspoiled Solana Beach and other San Diego favorites such as Del Mar beaches, Del Mar race track and fairgrounds, Sea World, LegoLand, historic Old Towne, the San Diego Zoo, San Diego Harbor area, Petco Park and the Downtown Gaslamp District.
Payment options include cashier's check, online e-check payment from North County Property Group website, all major credit cards (AMEX, MC, Visa, Discover) or PayPal (2.5% transaction charge applies for credit cards and PayPal payments).
- Fully furnished townhome
- Large living/family room area – wall-to-wall carpeting
- 1st floor entry - tri level unit
- Plush carpeting throughout
- Modern appliances (refrigerator, oven/stove/microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer)
- Outdoor patio with beautiful landscape views
- Private attached garage parking for two cars
Secure community amenities:
- Pool and spa
For more information contact North County Property Group.
Check-In: 3:00 pm
Check-Out: 11:00 am