- Room Type:Entire Apartment
- Max Guests:2
- Min Stay:1
- Pets Allowed:No
Apartment in Lisbon 246 - Castelo - managed by travelingtolisbon
The apartment is an open-space and includes the following:
* a living room with TV, CD and DVD;
* a bedroom with one double bed;
* a complete kitchen with stove, fridge with freezer, microwave;
* a bathroom with shower.
This building has a parking area
Wireless internet connection available for those who have their own laptop with Wi-Fi compatible equipment.
We will welcome you with a bottle of wine.
Apartment 245 is located at the Castle S. Jorge district as others, next door.S. Jorgeis located in the highest hill of the historic centre of the city and is one of the main historic and tourist sites of the city.
The first fortification was built in the 2nd century BC by the Romans and grew over the time. It was renovated in the 10th century by the Moors; it was conquered by the first king of Portugal D. Afonso de Henriques and was submitted to big renovation again in 1300, when Lisbon became the capital of the Kingdom.
Between 1373 and 1375, King Ferdinand I ordered the building of a new city wall around Lisbon. This new city wall, which partially replaced the old Moorish walls, was designed to encircle previously unprotected parts of the city. It had 77 towers and a perimeter of 5400 metres, and was built in only two years. There are still some remnants left, the castle is now a big tourist attraction, especially for the wonderful views (vista do Castelo de S. Jorge) of Lisbon that it offers.
This location has easy access to Baixa, the Castle (S Jorge) district and also to Alfama and to Santa Clara, where Lisbon's flea-market (Feira da Ladra) takes place.
It is also close to some of the stops of the famous tram number 28. This is a scenic route crossing most of the tourist neighbourhoods of the city centre. A definite must for any visitor to Lisbon.
After the great earthquake of 1755, when the center of Lisbon was destroyed, a new center was constructed, made of grid pattern "geometrical" streets. This area, situated between Praça do Comércio, Rossio and Praça da Figueira is called Baixa.
From Baixa you can easily access the night life district Bairro Alto and the smart Chiado, with all his theatres, museums, elegant and traditional shops, bars and restaurants.
To the other direction, going up street, you will accede Graça and Santa Clara the place where Feira da Ladra (Thief's market ), the flea market, happens every Tuesdays and Saturdays. Here there are also several "musts" not to miss on your visit:
* Panteão Nacional — Church of Santa Engrácia: When the construction began in 1682, it was planned as one of the Lisbon's biggest churches. However, it had been long neglected and the construction was completed only in 1966! It was then that the Panteão Nacional was inaugurated. Here you will find cenotaphs of Portugal's heroes. The interior is colossal and contains the tombs of historic and literary figures — from Vasco da Gama to Amália Rodrigues, the famous fado singer.
* The convent of São Vicente de Fora: Portugal's first king, Afonso Henriques laid the foundations of this church in order to fulfil a vow to construct Christian Houses of worship where Portuguese and European crusaders would lay to rest. Inaugurated in 1629, the church was severely damaged by the 1755 earthquake. It has been recently renovated and deserves a visit. The view from the rooftop is one of the greatest in Lisbon.
* Some "Miradouros" (vantage points) belvederes with amazing views over the castle S Jorge, the river Tejo and the city roofs. (belvederes of Graça with an open-air café and Senhora do Monte 600m further on). The views are even more spectacular at sunset.
The nearest airport is Lisbon International Airport, which is 12 kilometres away.
Come and see for yourself!
You May Also Like...
Situated in Lisbon, this private bedroom in an apartment accommodates up to 2 guests and starts at just EUR 48 per night.
It is located on the 5th floor.
This apartment is child-friendly. It also has internet (wifi) access. It features 1 double bed and has 1 bathroom. Bed linens and towels are included.
Additionally, it offers a kitchen with a fridge, a freezer, a grill, a microwave, an oven, a coffee maker, a toaster, a kettle / water-boiler, and a washing machine. The property has children's games. Guests can also enjoy a CD player, a computer, a DVD player, a radio, books, and board games.
The property is suitable for smokers. Pets are not permitted.
Once you have booked, your host will contact you to arrange your check in.
Located in Alfama district of Lisbon our building compromises four recently renovated flats furnished to a very high standard, with a modern and minimalist decor, based in scenes of contemporary Lisbon.
The apartment, situated on the second floor has a bedroom with double bed and a living room with double sofa bed, TV, stereo, wi-fi, as well as kitchen with dining table for 4 people and equipped with all the main utensils. Also has a bathroom with a shower. If necessary may be provided baby bed and chair of meals, free of charge. The flat is well equipped and have all the amenities to make you feel at home.
We can promise, you will not be disappointed with both the location and amenities.
Come visit us and spend a few days in one of the most typical quarters of Lisbon!