- Room Type:Entire Apartment
- Max Guests:2
- Min Stay:5
- Pets Allowed:No
- local guides/maps
- linens provided
- clothes dryer
- wireless internet
- security system
- paper towels provided
- high speed internet
- movie/video library
- alarm clock
- dvd player
- gas stove
- washing machine
- towels provided
- high definition tv
- internet access
- stove or oven
- balcony or terrace
Modern Loft Apartment just 6 blocks from El Centro
Following the description of this apartment (at the bottom) is a 'checklist' of things you might consider when examining other properties. Be sure to look it over so you get the RIGHT FIT FOR YOU!
Now, about this apartment … ..
Situated in a modern building (less than 5 years old), in a very convenient, central location within easy walking distance to all the amenities you could possibly want! The building has 24 hour security, elevator, as well as underground parking should you have a vehicle.
• 6 blocks to the river, greenbelt, and the old colonial heart of Cuenca, ‘El Centro’
• 3 blocks to a major supermarket
• Lots of eateries from pizza, Chinese, burgers, empanadas…you name it
• Pharmacies, medical/dental offices, and hospital all nearby
• 2 blocks to the soccer stadium
• Want a taxi? A bus? 2 blocks to Ave Solano and you’re set. No more than $2 ride (taxi) or .25 cents (bus) to El Centro.
On the first level of the apartment are the kitchen, breakfast bar, laundry, living room, balcony (with table/chairs), and half-bath.
The upstairs loft area has a queen-sized bed situated in the back away from noise, a sitting area, large built-in closets, a large flat screen TV + DVR, and a full bath with large shower (towels and bedding provided).
The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you’ll need (except food!)…gas cooktop/oven, microwave, toaster, toaster oven, blender, coffee maker, juicer, food processor, and full size refrigerator.
Tucked away in a closet is the combination washer/dryer.
The living room is outfitted with a large L-shaped sofa, TV (with HDMI ports so you can watch TV (even USA stations!) from your internet device), DVR (with library of DVD’s), and a fold-down couch (into a double bed) in case an argument occurs or someone snores!
Huge floor-to-ceiling windows bring in a lot of light. Step out onto the balcony and watch the world go by.
OH! A cell phone AND internet are provided, too!
Availability: Please consult the online calendar. There is a 5 night minimum stay, with a 60 day maximum.
Pricing: $47 a night (same as a Motel 6 in Seattle, Dallas, or Charlotte!). Staying more than 24 days? Then you'll qualify for the monthly rate ($1150) which means the rate drops significantly to only $38 a night! A savings of $260! Think of it … how many nights in a nice hotel would $1150 buy you anywhere else around the world? 10? I recently paid $100 a night for a Motel 6 in Miami! And this is a fully furnished apartment!
Pickup can be arranged whether you arrive in Cuenca at the airport, bus terminal, or van service.
Driver services also available. I have lived here over 3 years. I can drive you in a modern SUV 4 x 4 to places around Cuenca and the outskirts so you can experience and see more. Thinking of relocating? I can show you various neighborhoods in-town, rural areas, and/or towns outside Cuenca. $12 an hour includes gas and all the information your brain can digest!
YOUR CHECKLIST WHEN VIEWING OTHER PROPERTIES
* Location. Can you walk to most everything you'll want to do, or do you always need to take a taxi or bus?
* Does the unit have hot water at the kitchen sink, bathroom sink (rare here), and shower?
* Does the shower have direct-piped hot water, or one of those electric shower-heads that produce only lukewarm water (known as 'widow-makers')?
* Does the unit have an oven or just a cooktop?
* Does it have both a washer and dryer IN the unit?
* Does it have a tiny fridge? Is it sitting on the floor where you darn near have to get on your knees to get anything?
* If 2 people are sleeping in the same bed, can they walk around both sides of the bed?
* Is the bed(s) located in the SAME space as the living room?
* Does the furniture look comfortable or is it rigid and formal and/or crammed together in a tiny space?
* Does the kitchen have sufficient cupboard storage and is there plenty of preparation space?
These kinds of things can make the difference between an 'okay' experience and a great one. Closely examine the photos in each listing and look for details in the descriptive write-up.
You May Also Like...
The perfect location for exploring Cuenca's Historic Center.Beautiful ceramic tile floors; new glass ceilings and ventilation; new lighting; custom built furniture; Direct TV cable channels delivering international news and sports (IE: CNN ESPN, B...
We have reconstructed a traditional rural adobe home in downtown Cuenca that we call Pumamaqui Accommodations. Four large studio apartments surround a garden and cobblestone courtyard, with the city just outside your door. The apartment listed here is single-level, with separate bedroom, study and living areas, and faces an exuberant flower garden and cobblestone courtyard. The street-facing side is our new art gallery, PumamaquiGalerías.
Three features make Pumamaqui Accommodations extraordinary: A beautifully reconstituted building with all new amenities; the quiet central courtyard that feels like an oasis in the bustle of the city; and proximity to all that the two Cuencas--historic and modern--have to offer.
Rentals include broadband WiFi, cable TV, iron and ironing board, abundant hot water, hair dryer, complete kitchen (including toaster, microwave, coffee maker, plates, pots and pans, cutlery, wine glasses), linens and towels, washer and dryer, interior courtyard and garden with hummingbirds. All utilities are included.
The owners are Stuart White, an ex-academic from the United States and alpaca rancher in Ecuador for 30 years, and his wife Patricia Espadero, a veterinarian and a Cuencana. We are eager for guests to have a memorable experience, and we will be available to help with suggestions about outings, local restaurants and cultural events.
Located only a few minutes away from center of Cuenca. Bus stop is conveniently located around the corner of home. Top floor has a balcony with beautiful view and bedroom with private bathroom. Bottom floor has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sitting area...