- Room Type:Entire House
- Max Guests:0
- Pets Allowed:No
Affordable Luxury Cottage in Cape Town
You May Also Like...
Private and peaceful, pretty and practical – the Garden Cottage is part of the Villa Awe properties and offers easy accommodation for up to 4 people and is ideal for a family travelling together. The kitchen is modern and well equipped and the lounge opens fully onto the private garden. The cottage is also close to the swimming pool on the grounds and it is easy to also use the larger garden. The work of South African designers Lauren Fowler and Stephanie Bentum and furniture from LIM make for a special holiday or business trip. The Cottage is equipped with wi-fi and DSTV and is serviced Mondays to Fridays. Around the corner you will find treasures like the best coffee in Cape Town in one of the many coffee shops, cheese made locally in one of the deli’s with Italian and French patisseries next door. Table Mountain is within eyesight and Clifton, Camps Bay and Glen beaches are about 5 minutes by car.<br><br>Other: Private garden
This classic villa sits on the hill above the fishing village of Hout Bay near Cape Town, with stunning views out towards the Atlantic Ocean, and the mountains of the Cape Peninsula. It is situated in a prestigious Scott Estate neighbourhood. The...
Welcome to The Whaleway, an eclectically designed 3 bedroom home with spectacular ocean views It is strategically situated only 30 kms from Cape Town city centre, between the charming fishing village of Kalk Bay and beautiful Fish Hoek beach. Fishing, surfing, swimming, climbing, caving, cycling, sailing, shopping, or simply sight-seeing - it’s all in the area.
The Whaleway can comfortably accommodate up to six people. The house, with teak and rosa stone floors, is decorated with interesting and unique pieces of furniture and art. At the same time, it has a warm and inviting atmosphere that will make you feel at home.
• The semi-integrated lounge, dining room (with a 6 seater table) and breakfast nook will provide you with a comfortable and convivial living area.
• The galley style kitchen, has granite work surfaces, gas hob and electric oven, large convection microwave, dishwasher, and all the essential utensils and crockery to create your own delicious meals.
• There is a small outdoor patio, and a Weber charcoal braai/barbeque is available
• Main bedroom: (queen-sized bed), built in cupboards
• Second bedroom: (double bed), built in cupboards
• Study: (comfortable double sofa-bed), built in cupboards
• Two bathrooms (one ensuite to the main bedroom with heated towel rails)
• The laundry is equipped with a washing machine and ironing facilities. It is also equipped with a dehumidifier instead of a tumbledryer so clothes can be hung-dried (helping to ensure less ironing is needed).
Whaleway provides a wonderful vantage point to watch seasonal whales, dolphins and some of Cape Town’s biggest sporting events. Visitors often say our home feels like a luxurious ship as every room has a view of the sea in all its moods.
Southern Right Whales come every winter to mate and nurture their babies. You might also be lucky to have the company of large schools of dolphins and even of some orcas.
The Cape Times Big Walk, the Peninsula 42km marathon, the 56km Two Oceans marathon, and the world’s largest cycle race The Argus Cycle Tour, all pass directly below the windows every year.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
The house will be serviced mid-week for stays of 7 days or more. Linen and towels are changed weekly. Extra housekeeping services are available on request at an additional charge.
There is unlimited wireless internet connectivity available, a Blu-ray player, and DSTV. A cordless telephone is available for incoming and emergency calls.
Kalk Bay is a very friendly village. But to add to your wellbeing Whaleway is very securely designed and there is an alarm system with 24 hour armed response.
There is parking outside the house for four cars.
• Non smoking
• Regrettably no pets
• Checking out time is 10 am, unless otherwise arranged
• The minimum rental period is 5 days (you will want to stay longer!)
• A maximum of six people may stay at the house at any time.
• This is self catering (but we will leave you some tea, coffee. milk and sugar)
• The house will be serviced mid-week for stays of 7 days or more. Linen and towels are changed weekly
• Extra housekeeping services are available on request at an additional charge.