Top Travel Blogs
Your vacation planning just got easier.
You now have the web's top travel blogs at your fingertips.
Google "travel blog" and you'll get 1,860,000 results. That's a lot to sort through before your next trip. Luckily you don't have to deal with pages of search results to find the best travel tips and inspiration - we've done it for you. We've signed up for their RSS feeds, followed them on social media, applied our own algorithm and tallied up our votes. We now proudly present the best travel blogs on the web: Tripping's Top Travel Blogs Awardees by category.
- Adventure Travel
- Looking to venture off the beaten path on your next trip? Whether it's bungee jumping in Australia, white water rafting in Zimbabwe or trekking in Nepal, these bloggers have done it. If you're looking for an adrenaline rush or simply want to visit an exotic destination, these bloggers will inspire you with gripping stories, jaw-dropping photographs and timely tips.
Going Awesome Places - Will Tang, Full time world traveller and photographer.
ThePlanetD "Canada's Adventure Couple" - a charming pair who has "climbed, paddled, hiked and biked their way through 7 continents." Dave and Deb offer stories, tips and amazing photos.
- Wild Junket "Travel Light, Travel Far" - Nellie and Alberto have been traveling the world since 2003, inspiring others to seek extraordinary life and travel experiences.
- Mallory on Travel "Making Everyday an Adventure" - Mallory is an avid photographer always seeking adventure (snow climbing, white water rafting, sky-diving, bungee jumping) and sharing his knowledge.
- Traveling Canucks A Vancouver-based couple who's traveled to 65 countries in 7 years and shares their travel tips and experiences, currently as new parents exploring the world.
- Ordinary Traveler "Two professional photographers in search of an extraordinary life," Christy and Scott are passionate about surfing, entrepreneurship, adventure travel and inspiring others.
- The Expert Vagabond "Adventure is Worthwhile. Explore Your World" - a nomad since 2010, Matthew shares stories, travel tips, interviews and photos.
- Matt Gibson An adventure travel writer and photographer,Matt provides "an entertaining and useful resource for lovers of travel and outdoors adventures."
- Stop Having a Boring Life Stories and tips from a Canadian who left it all behind in 2009. Rob has been exploring the world ever since, living out the motto "You'll never know unless you go."
- The Longest Way Home "A global quest in search of a place called home" by Dave, who provides food reviews, practical travel guides, in depth features and world travel photography.
- OverYonderLust An adventure travel blog from Shaun and Erica, high school sweethearts married 8 years who traded their life in Austin for a life of on-the-road adventure.
- Round the World Travel
- Ever wonder what it would be like to leave it all behind and travel long term? These bloggers have been exploring the world for years and share their unique experiences, practical tips and gorgeous travel photos. Whether you need a little inspiration to find your next dream destination or could use some advice from professional travelers, here are some must-read blogs.
Uncornered Market "Measuring the earth with our feet," Dan and Audrey have been traveling since 2006, humanizing the places they visit through personal stories and photos.
- LandLopers "Exploring the World - One Adventure at a Time," Matt "travels the world in order to share tips on where to go, what to see and how to experience the best the world has to offer."
- Nomadic Samuel A digital nomad for 7 years, Samuel shares travel stories, photos and videos and offers tips on photography, blogging and budget travel. Oh and he's quirky.
- Wandering Trader A day-trader and nomad who's lived in 10 countries so far, Marcello chronicles his adventures and provides tips on travel and living overseas.
- Y Travel Blog "Get inspired, get informed, get going" by a fun-loving Australian couple who's been living around the world since 1997 and now travels with 2 young children.
- Ottsworld "Travel and Life Experiences of a Corporate American Runaway" - Sherry's been traveling the world since 2006, sharing unique tales and photos from off-the-beaten-path destinations.
- Everything Everywhere Traveling the world since 2007, Gary has covered 117 countries and done it all from swimming with jellyfish in Palau to spelunking in Borneo.
- Beers and Beans A photographer and journalist, Randy and Beth, "travel the world in search of the unusual, the mundane, the beautiful and the forgotten."
- Johnny Vagabond "Around the world, low and slow," Wes is a natural storyteller who shares stunning photos and engaging stories to encourage others to explore the world.
- The Everywhereist "Travel,advice, tips and stories" from Geraldine, a writer who follows her husband on his business travels 'round the globe and recounts her quirky adventures.
- Fearless Female Travel
- Inspiring women to explore the world, these fearless female travelers are chronicling, eating, befriending, volunteering and photographing their way through all corners of the globe. They share personal stories and tips on everything from solo female travel to world cuisines, photography and location independence.
Bacon is Magic "Travel, food, photography and everything in between" - Ayngelina chronicles her journey in a very candid way as she explores the world, one dish at a time.
- Twenty-Something Travel A "go-to resource for Gen-Y travel information and inspiration" by Stephanie, a freelance travel writer who left her job in 2010 and has since been semi-nomadic.
- Legal Nomads "A former lawyer eating her way around the world since 2008," Jodi shares insightful stories about her travel experiences plus striking photos from around the world.
- Adventurous Kate "The ultimate guide to solo female travel and inspirational adventures around the world," from Kate, a 20-something who left her job to travel the world indefinitely.
- Journeywoman "The largest online travel resource for women," with a wealth of tips and information on all topics related to solo female travel.
- Solo Traveler Blog An author, blogger, speaker and traveler, Janice provides a wealth of tips, stories and advice on solo travel.
- A Little Adrift "Round the world travel stories, food and culture" from Shannon, traveling the world slowly since 2008 offering tips on sustainable travel, volunteering and location independent travel.
- Candice Does the World "A Professional Experience Collector" and "former cubicle monkey/small town girl living in a lonely world."
- Nerd's Eye View "A camera, a passport, a ukulele" - Pam is a freelance technical writer who loves to write stories about travel - and has done so for well-known travel online publications.
- Heather on her travels "Travel inspiration and destination information with travel tales, photos, videos and podcasts from around the world."
- Senior Travel
- Are you a 50+ traveler? Whether you're looking for articles on budget travel, volunteering abroad, multigenerational travel, luxury travel, medical tourism - or travel tips and tricks - here are the best resources. Take a look and start planning your next dream vacation.
Seniors on the Go Senior travel advice from SmarterTravel.com.
- AARP Travel News, tips and tools for smart, healthy travel via AARP.
- Unhook Now A world travel adventures blog by a couple who traveled the world for two years. In addition to being bloggers, Wayne and Pat are travel TV hosts.
- Over 50 and Overseas A resource run by a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer for baby boomers and seniors with an interest in volunteering abroad.
- Baby Boomers Traveling Two Baby Boomers who have circled the globe twice, visited all 7 continents and lived in 5 countries share their knowledge and experience.
- My Itchy Travel Feet "The Baby Boomer's Guide to Travel" from Boomers and world travelers, Donna and Alan Hull.
- Senior Travel News and tips for senior travel from Nancy Parode, Senior Travel Guide for About.com.
- GypsyNesters Baby Boomers and empty nesters Bill and Veronica sold their home when their last child moved away and traveled the world. They share tips on "breaking the empty nest rules."
- Boomers and Seniors Travel Blog "A Guide to Traveling Well and Economically" from Boyd Lemon, a travel writer and expat in Paris.
- Smart Travel
- What if you could wave a magic wand and make everything about your next trip easier? These sites don't quite do that, but they do give travelers some useful insights and advice. Learn how to save time, save money, travel sustainably, use the latest travel technology. Become an all around travel ninja with these top sites for smarter travel.
Go Backpacking "Round the World Travel Guide" for independent travel, with how-to articles, beautiful photos from around the world and budget-oriented travel advice.
- foXonoMad "The best tech and tips to travel smarter around the world" from Anil, a former professional computer hacker who's been traveling the world the past four years.
- Fluent in 3 Months "Unconventional language learning/hacking tips from Benny the Irish polyglot." He's traveled the world for 8 years to learn new languages to fluency.
- Stuck in Customs "The #1 travel photography site," featuring Trey's travel and fine art photography, tips and tutorials and camera and photo editing software reviews.
- Nomadic Matt "Travel better, cheaper, longer" - information, news, tips and personal stories from Matt, a twenty-something who's been traveling the world for 6 years.
- Art of Backpacking A blend of tips, tricks and resources for backpackers seeking adventure and exciting destinations and experiences.
- Green Global Travel "An ecotourism, nature / wildlife conservation & sustainable living magazine"
- Gadling "The world's top travel blog," it features tips on budget travel, travel tech and adventure travel, plus news and interesting travel stories.
- Wandering Educators "#1 travel site for global educators" & one of the largest online resources for internships, international jobs and academic conferences around the world.
- Travels with Baby "Find the best gear for travel with your baby or toddler, get help and advice planning your family's travels, and find out more."
- Family Travel
- What's your best family travel memory? Make your next family vacation one to remember with advice from the experts on the best family-friendly destinations, inspiring stories, and tips and tricks on everything from packing to how to get there and what to do once you're there. With these top websites for traveling with kids, planning the perfect family holiday just got a lot easier.
Delicious Baby "Making Travel with Kids Fun" - Debbie's a mother of 3 who writes "about traveling with little kids."
- The Q Family Adventure "Inspiring families to travel one adventure at a time" - tips and stories from a traveling family of four.
- Family on Bikes Nancy and her family spent 3 years riding bikes from Alaska to Argentina. She seeks to inspire others to pursue their passions and follow their dreams.
- Soul Travelers 3 A family of three, traveling non-stop since 2006 to 44 countries on 5 continents, shares their adventures.
- Traveling Mamas "Inspiring Mom to explore the world with and without the kids," this group blog "is syndicated in national online outlets and has won numerous awards."
- EscapeArtistes "Intrepid Adventures in a Fabulous World" - Theodora chronicles her world adventures with her son. They left London in 2010 and have been traveling since.
- 1 Dad, 1 Kid, 1 Crazy Adventure Talon, a writer, Zen monk, former hospice chaplain, ultra runner and scuba instructor, embarked with his 9 year old son on a RTW slow travel adventure in 2011, and they continue their "crazy adventure."
- Raising Miro Lainie and her son Miro have been slowly traveling the world since 2009, chronicling their adventures as nomads through their blog and podcasts.
- The Vacation Gals "Expert advice on family travel, girlfriend getaways and romantic escapes" from 3 professional travel writers and moms.