- About Us
- Rental Site Comparison
- Home Rentals
- Rent Your Home
- The Tripping Community
- Contact Us
Senior PHP/Zend Engineer
What we do
Tripping is a social travel site that connects travelers with local people for tips, shared cups of coffee and homestays in over 175 countries.
In addition to connecting travelers with locals, we also aggregate and offer the widest selection of local home rentals on the planet. From Fijian bungalows to New York City lofts, travelers can use Tripping to step off the tourist path and stay in unique local spaces in over 36,000 cities worldwide. (TechCrunch recently called us the "Kayak of Airbnb" which you can read about here: http://tcrn.ch/vRg5kp)
We're a venture-backed startup based in San Francisco. We're a tight team - we work hard, play hard and travel as often as possible. If you're interested in joining us, we'd love to hear from you.
Who we're looking for
We're seeking a senior software engineer with hands-on experience developing web 2.0 applications. You must have an "I can build anything attitude" and be willing to roll up your sleeves with the rest of the team. Our ideal candidate is exceptional at back-end and application-layer development with the ability to contribute on front-end development as needed.
This is a real opportunity to drive the technical vision for a fast-growing international brand. You should be smart, energetic, collaborative, positive and passionate about making a real difference in the world.
- Drive the technical vision for the company
- Translate detailed design specifications into actual code
- Write the back-end and mid-tier software layer in PHP/Zend Framework
- Build and maintain the database (MySQL) and application architecture
- Design scalable components that can be deployed to millions of users
- Manage and maintain cloud-based Linux servers
- Be the primary, lead developer of the entire application
- Provide leadership and over time, build and manage the technical team
- Establish values for the company around quality, discipline, teamwork, and relationships
- Must be an enthusiastic, performance-driven, self-starter, and team player
- A proven track record of a tremendous work ethic
- Extremely competent developer, comfortable in multiple languages, frameworks, and environments
- Intensely hard-working, proactive, and self-motivated individual
- True entrepreneur that thrives on risk and uncertainty and looks forward to working with top talent
- Lives in or near San Francisco (or willing to relocate)
- 5+ years of coding web applications in PHP + MySQL or other relational database
- Object-oriented PHP background using MVC framework a must
- Experience leading, mentoring, and supporting less experienced engineering teams
- Experience with caching, performance, and scalability techniques in high growth environment
- LAMP stack, PHP5, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Intimately familiar with Zend framework (or similar)
- Deep experience with MySQL
- Basic sys admin skills (when something goes wrong, you can find the problem and fix it)
- Familiarity Amazon Web Services a plus
- Expert at data modeling
- You don't mind (and enjoy) working nights and weekends when the need arises
- You can help us beat other startups at bar trivia (sweet skill but not required)
Advanced technical/engineering degree or 4+ year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Compensation is dependent on experience. We're open to sponsoring visas and relocating candidates to San Francisco. We also believe that all employees should own a piece of Tripping so you would get equity as well.
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to us at email@example.com.