- About Us
- Rental Site Comparison
- Home Rentals
- Rent Your Home
- The Tripping Community
- Contact Us
Tripping is the leading search engine for vacation rentals (think: Kayak for Airbnb). We have the richest data set in the industry and our team is building an industry-changing metasearch engine on top of it. And we’re looking for a hands-on Lead Engineer to help us build Tripping into a billion dollar company.
- Oversee technical aspects of the company
- Establish technical strategy and lead all aspects of technology development
- Attract, recruit, and retain a world-class engineering team
- Define, architect, and execute the organizational and infrastructure plan
- Evolve and manage the development process and release schedule
- Work with the management team to lead strategic planning
- Work with the development team to set and deliver aggressive goals
- Work as a hands-on leader and do some of the actual coding yourself
- 5+ years overall experience as a software developer and architect - specifically for scalable, high-growth, elegant web or mobile products. Extensive project management and agile development experience preferred.
- Hands-on coder. Love to roll up your sleeves and write great code.
- Analytical genius. Data-driven approach that delivers outstanding results.
- Consummate recruiter. Able to attract and retain world-class engineers.
- Passionate leader. Inspire team to deliver code on time and on budget.
- Team player. Work well with designers, product managers, and business folks.
- Accomplished Architect. Strategic approach to defining architecture and choosing the stack and tools.
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work independently and under very tight deadlines
- Self-driven, with a good approach to working efficiently and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to set (and meet) realistic deadlines
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Obsession with new technologies and trends
- Been a lead engineer at an early stage start up
- BS, MS or experience in quantitative field (eg math, engineering, econ, etc)
- Intense desire to build something successful from the ground-up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind & a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with travel, ecommerce or marketplace businesses
- Love of travel, especially backpacking or visiting remote destinations
- Awesome culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- Extra week of vacation to travel anywhere in the world
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with retreats to Tahoe, Big Sur and Yosemite
- Health insurance
- Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
- Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to us at email@example.com. Thanks!