- About Us
- Rental Site Comparison
- Home Rentals
- Rent Your Home
- The Tripping Community
- Contact Us
Front End Developer / Designer
Do you live to code? Do you go to bed every night thinking about jQuery and wake up with site design on your mind? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
Tripping is the world's largest metasearch platform for home rentals (think Kayak for Airbnb). We also have users in 175+ countries who use Tripping to meet locals for coffee, parties and free homestays. Sales have been doubling every month and we're fired up to take Tripping to the next level. Check it out - www.tripping.com.
We're looking for a talented Front-End Engineer to start ASAP. (Huge plus if you have solid design skills.) You'll work directly with our CTO to lead the development of cutting-edge site features. We're a tech-focused startup, so you'll have a lot of freedom to try new things and influence the design and technical direction of the site.
This is a real opportunity to join a FAST-GROWING, high-potential startup. We're venture-backed by top Silicon Valley investors and our founding team includes early employees from StubHub and Travelzoo. We work hard, play hard and travel as often as possible.
And we're moving fast, so send your resume today if you'd like to join our team:KEY SKILLS
- Solid UI/UX design skills
- Solid understanding of the latest MVC frameworks and UI toolkits
- Solid understanding of browser capabilities and restrictions
- Strong ability to write structured code followed up with clear documentation
- Strict adherence to web 2.0 standards and cross-platform compatibility
- Ability to write clean, light code (and then test your clean, light code)
- Solid design skills and experience with Illustrator & Photoshop
- Knowledge of web server platforms, protocols and applications
- Experience influencing product direction in creative ways
- Knowledge of PHP and experience with PHP (or similar) frameworks is desirable
- Basic SQL knowledge is desirable
- It is required that you can work independently and under very tight deadlines
- Obsession with new technologies and trends, especially in social or mobile tech
- Self-driven, with a good approach to working efficiently and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to set (and meet) realistic deadlines
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed sites
NON-TECHNICAL / DESIRABLE SKILLS
- Strong ability to work independently and under very tight deadlines
- You don't mind (and enjoy) working nights and weekends
- You have strong opinions, but leave your ego at the door
- A good sense of humor, an open minded attitude & a high level of integrity
- Please be local to San Francisco or willing to commute / relocate
- Compensation is dependent on experience. Equity will also be offered, as we believe all team members should own a piece of Tripping.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!