- About Us
- Rental Site Comparison
- Home Rentals
- Rent Your Home
- The Tripping Community
- Contact Us
Tripping is the leading search engine for vacation rentals (think: Kayak for Airbnb). We have the richest data set in the industry and our team eats, breathes and dreams about data. Seriously, we love this stuff. And we’re looking for an engineer to join our team and help us build Tripping into a billion dollar company.
You’re smart, driven by logic and passionate about finding creative solutions to complex problems. You love data and you’re obsessed with using it to make the world more efficient. You’ve always set high standards for yourself and you want to be surrounded by smart people who challenge and inspire you to play at the top of your game.
- Love of data and systems
- Strong knowledge of a modern scripting language - Ruby, Python, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data design, SQL, and search algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, light code
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs
- Working experience with XML and JSON
- Significant experience with traditional and no-SQL databases - MySQL, Mongo, etc.
- Experience with queueing - RabbitMQ, Beanstalkd
- Extensive experience with AWS - EC2, S3, etc.
- PHP knowledge highly desirable
- Linux experience is a plus
- High attention to detail
- It is required that you can work independently and under very tight deadlines
- Self-driven, with a good approach to working efficiently and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to set (and meet) realistic deadlines
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Obsession with new technologies and trends
Desirable / Non-technical Skills
- BS, MS or experience in quantitative field (eg math, engineering, econ, etc)
- Intense desire to build something successful from the ground-up
- A good sense of humor, an open mind & a high level of integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with travel, ecommerce or marketplace businesses
- Love of travel, especially backpacking or visiting remote destinations
- Sense of adventure: willing to take risks, either for the adrenaline or experience
- Fluency in another language is a plus
- Awesome culture (we’re a tight team - we work hard and play hard)
- Extra week of vacation to travel anywhere in the world
- San Francisco headquarters, easily accessible by public transit
- A fun team environment with retreats to Tahoe, Big Sur and Yosemite
- Health insurance
- Compensation and equity commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
- Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to us at email@example.com. Thanks!